Guide update works, but record series missing

SpencerC

HTPC Specs: Show details

Guide update works, but record series missing

Post by SpencerC » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:51 am

Hello All,

Any input would be appreciated. My guide updates successfully. After the recent cut over to the new TV Guide listings provider I have lost the ability to record series for "generically" named shows. For example, I can record series for Seinfeld by going to the guide, finding the show, right clicking and choose record series. But the new TV Guide listings provider has created generic names for other types of shows. In the past I had series set up for MotoGP, World Superbike, and AMA Pro racing. But now they are all generically marked as "motorcycle racing" and these generic names no longer offer the record series option. Anyone have any insight on this? This is just garbage as most of these races are over seas and air when I am asleep. So I depended on my series to catch the races. Now I have to go search out when the races will be aired and manually make sure I record it in advance.

Thanks

Spencer

SpencerC

Post by SpencerC » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:15 am

I just took a look at my scheduled series and I do in fact have the generically named "motorcycle racing" as one of my series from before the cutover. It used to record, but now no longer does. My guide updates just fine. Any ideas?

Rainey

Post by Rainey » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:00 am

Go to the WMC menu and TV, go to search and type in "motorcycle racing" and it should find all the shows of that name.
Then select the Motorcycle racing and select record it should record all of them.

SpencerC

Post by SpencerC » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:40 am

Rainey wrote:Go to the WMC menu and TV, go to search and type in "motorcycle racing" and it should find all the shows of that name.
Then select the Motorcycle racing and select record it should record all of them.
been there done that. there is only the option to select record, and not a record series option. Which means that it will only record that one episode and not every episode of motorcycle racine. To confirm, I did just what you said and clicked record on motorcycle racing. There is a race showing tonight at 11pm Pacific time. But I know for a fact there is a MotoGP this Sunday which is within my guide listings and when checking scheduled recordings that MotoGP race is not scheduled to record even though it is listed as motorcycle racing.

CyberSimian

Post by CyberSimian » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:59 pm

SpencerC wrote:there is only the option to select record, and not a record series option.
The answer is to use "keyword recording", which is not the same as using the search facility (many people confuse the two).

You go to the approriate panel and set up a keyword (or phrase) consisting of "Motorcycle Racing". You then select where WMC is to look for that keyword/phrase. In your case you probably want to select "Title". Then you select the option to create the schedule. WMC will then record all programmes that have "Motorcycle Racing" as part of the programme title. This continues in perpetuity (or until you delete that schedule).

Sorry, but I cannot be more specific about how to access the appropriate panel in WMC, so you might need to try all possible panels in order to find the right one.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

SpencerC

Post by SpencerC » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:03 am

Thanks! I will give it a shot when I get home.

SpencerC

Post by SpencerC » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:43 pm

CyberSimian wrote:
SpencerC wrote:there is only the option to select record, and not a record series option.
The answer is to use "keyword recording", which is not the same as using the search facility (many people confuse the two).

You go to the approriate panel and set up a keyword (or phrase) consisting of "Motorcycle Racing". You then select where WMC is to look for that keyword/phrase. In your case you probably want to select "Title". Then you select the option to create the schedule. WMC will then record all programmes that have "Motorcycle Racing" as part of the programme title. This continues in perpetuity (or until you delete that schedule).

Sorry, but I cannot be more specific about how to access the appropriate panel in WMC, so you might need to try all possible panels in order to find the right one.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK
That worked!! Thanks!