Movie guide feed issues

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
rosbaldeston

HTPC Specs: Show details

Movie guide feed issues

Post by rosbaldeston » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:42 am

Off the back of the UK experiencing an EPG blackout http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... &start=140 I noticed the Movie Guide (Not Movie Library) changed significantly and we lost all genres, years and artwork. Now the feeds are starting to return, so is some of the movie metadata.

However for the majority of movies mid-2009 to current date what I now see initially coloured boxes with the movie title, being replaced one by one with a completely empty blue box which obscures the title. If You scroll the title & description still appear at the bottom of the screen. The metadata is present - but not being displayed. e.g.
Capture.PNG
Is there nothing that can be done to fix these, any 3rd party epg data/tool? After the blank boxes I'll get artwork with the majority of movies, then another long section of coloured boxes with titles, these appear to be the movies that lack metadata either because they come from the in-band epg or have been poorly annotated. If there is a way to fix the EPG feed I'd like to fix these too - even if its only to add a year and genre.

Last week without any metadata all the boxes where coloured with titles, so is it just one field of the EPG data that needs changing? It appears that without metadata the coloured box and title is the default, but some service is serving up empty images for the more recent movies which hides the titles. I'd rather have the default.

Seems this issue has been rumbling on in some form since 2011.