Playon thru VMCPlayit

gregusjay

HTPC Specs: Show details

Playon thru VMCPlayit

Post by gregusjay » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:08 am

When I attempt to use Playon TV through VMCPLAYIT on Windows Media Center Windows 7 the video starts to play then it stops after starting with an
error message that states " Windows Media Center can't play the Video" does anyone know how to fix this?? Is it related to the Playready installation error that I get?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

rampantredsfan

Post by rampantredsfan » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:32 pm

I had used PlayIt for years with some success. It didn't always work, but it also worked at times. Unfortunately I cannot answer your question directly.

However, I recently switched over to Emby's (formerly MB3) PlayOn client and I find that it is much more stable. You can use the client in WMC by loading on the Emby server, Emby for WMC client, and the PlayOn client. I know it is a lot to just use as a PlayOn client and the plugin costs a few bucks, but I find this setup to be much more stable than PlayIt.

gregusjay

Post by gregusjay » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:52 pm

Thanks for the info rampantredsfan - I guess emby may be the answer...I got hooked on WMC when my video card and it's remote controlled pretty much all my viewing resources in one place WMC...one question thought what did you use to load the Emby server to WMC or is is part of the Emby package?

rampantredsfan

Post by rampantredsfan » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:12 pm

Emby has a WMC add-in for WMC. Last I checked it was free. Here is the URL: http://emby.media/downloads/emby-for-wi ... ia-center/

gregusjay

Post by gregusjay » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:15 am

rampantredsfan wrote:Emby has a WMC add-in for WMC. Last I checked it was free. Here is the URL: http://emby.media/downloads/emby-for-wi ... ia-center/

Does this EMBY add in work as a stand alone app in WMC or do I have to download Emby software also?? ;
Thanks again !
Greg

rampantredsfan

Post by rampantredsfan » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:13 pm

gregusjay wrote:
rampantredsfan wrote:Emby has a WMC add-in for WMC. Last I checked it was free. Here is the URL: http://emby.media/downloads/emby-for-wi ... ia-center/

Does this EMBY add in work as a stand alone app in WMC or do I have to download Emby software also?? ;
Thanks again !
Greg
Emby server is a requirement. As is the WMC plugin. And the Plugin for Play-On.

gregusjay

Post by gregusjay » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:37 am

Thanks....I couldn't find the Playon plugin...not sure if it's been omitted from the new UPDATE of Playon,...I wish there was an easy way to integrate it into Windows since the new GUI might be easier to customize ..since they let you watch playon channel right on the Pc without having to stream it to a device....
thanks for you assistance in my quagmire