INVALID APPLICATION Unable to launch "AV-Amp"|"GuideToolAdd"

MikeG

HTPC Specs: Show details

INVALID APPLICATION Unable to launch "AV-Amp"|"GuideToolAdd"

Post by MikeG » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:31 pm

I had to reboot my machine today since something happened with the video resolution (like a setting got inadvertently changed somehow). Upon rebooting and starting WMC, i get a message that says (in the format similar to the window that pops up):

INVALID APPLICATION
Unable to launch "Av-Amp"
[] Disable this application
[OK]

I can click "OK" with out checking the box for "Disable this application" and all seems to be ok. I read on line that this has to do with the drivers for AverMedia tuner cards (of which i have 2). So, i uninstalled the driver and reinstalled. After reboot, i get a similar message but the thing that can't launch is "GuideToolAddin". So i reboot and i'm back to the "Av-Amp" message.

I read a post from 2013 where someone had a similar message but it was something like "Sys..." instead of "Av-Amp" or "GuideToolAddin". The suggestion was to "uninstall WMC service, reboot, install WMC service, reboot". However, i'm not sure exactly what this is asking me to do, that is, is the individual suggesting that i "stop/start" the service? Would this be done with services.msc? Does anyone have a better idea of what this is and how to fix it?

Again, it doesn't appear that there is any functionality that is broken, but it is unsettling to get such a message and it will freak my wife out the first time she sees it and i'm not home (even though i've told her to simply hit "OK" and move on).

Thanks,
Mike

MikeG

Post by MikeG » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:15 pm

Not all at once now...

STC

Post by STC » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:29 pm

By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123