Media Center EPG: Series Recording Issues

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Windom

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Windom » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:37 am

Just a heads up to anyone that records "Proof" on TNT. The next two episodes will not be picked up with a series recording. The episode are "Tsunami: Part One" and "Tsunami: Part Two". I think someone here said that there was still an issue with episodes that have different "part" numbers. Still not fixed obviously...

audinutt

Post by audinutt » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:31 am

These issues are why I am attempting to switch back to zap2it. Making progress....

Windom

Post by Windom » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:51 pm

"Talking Dead" airing on AMC next Sunday wasn't getting picked up by my existing series recording. I created a new one and deleted the old one.

With the new TV season starting soon, how many series will there be where the existing series recording doesn't work? Are we going to have to check every series we record when they start again?

blueiedgod

Post by blueiedgod » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:31 pm

I had to redo some of the specific shceduled recordings, like the ones tied to a channel. However, ones that were scheduled for "any channel" or HD preferred, did not require an intervention. However, for 2 weeks, WMC was recording all of them, mostly reruns, even though I specified new only. But, that is because Rovi data did not contain information if it were a new episode or a rerun. It has all been fixed by now.

icepick

Post by icepick » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:58 pm

Rovi is awful. My hdd is filling up every few days and i have no idea if the shows being recorded are new or not because every episode of a multi season show with repeats records regardless of the series settings being "new" only. I'm really sorry for those of you who's woes are much worse than mine, but does anyone know if this will get fixed or if there is a workaround? I'd pay to get zap2it back.... :thumbdown: :(

[Moderator note: topic merged]

Space

Post by Space » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:27 pm

icepick wrote:Rovi is awful. My hdd is filling up every few days and i have no idea if the shows being recorded are new or not because every episode of a multi season show with repeats records regardless of the series settings being "new" only. I'm really sorry for those of you who's woes are much worse than mine, but does anyone know if this will get fixed or if there is a workaround? I'd pay to get zap2it back.... :thumbdown: :(
I haven't been having this problem with Rovi data for the shows I record, which shows are you recording?

icepick

Post by icepick » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:01 am

Mostly Cartoon Network shows
-Gumall
-Steven Universe
-we Bare Bares
-Teen Titans Go
-Breadwinners
-there are others also
Also more recently, Outrageous acts of Science, The Simpsons, Saturday Night Live, The Daily show (although i just canceled that because its not on currently), South Park, through the wormhole,

I think there are a few others also.

Some of the shows have variable time slots so it's not as easy as defining a time in the series settings. It would currently require that i research listings somewhere else and manually select individual recordings per show.

If this continues I'm gonna need a 6tb hdd and wmc-dedupe running in the bakground.

:/

Space

Post by Space » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:18 am

The only one of those that I record is "The Simpsons" and I have not had it want to record any episodes since the Rovi cutover (except for a couple that did not have episode specific info a couple weeks ago). Looking in my current WMC guide, I see that every episode has episode-specific details (and are marked as repeats) and there are none that are set to record.

icepick

Post by icepick » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:34 pm

teentitans.JPG
Here's an example of meta data not getting displayed since rovi took over. Zap2it is showing the original air date and that data does not appear in my guide. All my older recordings contained this data and it's not as if the content provider is providing incomplete data since it appears in zap2it's listings.

I saw threads on here about getting zap2it back using some type of workaround. Anyone having any luck with that?

Other shows I record are receiving meta data correctly, such as The Strain, Falling Skies, Last week Tonight, Key and Peele, Real Time.

Space

Post by Space » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:58 pm

Yeah, I think you just need to open a Microsoft ticket and complain about this. When I look at these shows in my guide, I also do not see the "Repeat" indicator or an OAD for many of them (although I do see it on some of the episodes).

Haba

Post by Haba » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:11 pm

I want to thank every one for posting. I am requesting that this thread be closed and merged with Media Center EPG: Rovi Guide Data Quality thread. Everyone needs to follow through with a report to Microsoft and Rovi to try to get the guide data issues fixed. Thanks again...

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:15 pm

Haba wrote:I want to thank every one for posting. I am requesting that this thread be closed and merged with Media Center EPG: Rovi Guide Data Quality thread. Everyone needs to follow through with a report to Microsoft and Rovi to try to get the guide data issues fixed. Thanks again...
Merging two large threads creates a mess; and makes the resulting thread difficult to follow. We'll lock this thread.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

STC

Post by STC » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:46 pm

The posts from both topics would merge in date/time order so as to cause a nonsensical flow FYI.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

michaeljc70

Post by michaeljc70 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:54 am

I've read of a lot of issues with the guide not updating or being accurate. Mine is fine, but about half of my series are not recording.

When I go in to look at the series, it does show they will start recording again next week (there are daily shows mostly). Is this what other people are seeing? Any workaround other than manually setting up records?

I guess I don't get why if the guide is up to date they aren't recording.

[Moderator note: topic merged]