My WMC won't show closed captions

kahill1918

HTPC Specs: Show details

My WMC won't show closed captions

Post by kahill1918 » Mon May 04, 2015 4:04 pm

I use WIN 7 with WMC When i insert a DVD movie that has closed captions on my laptop computer,the closed captions on the DVD won't show up although the subtitles (if there are some) show up fine. No this has nothing to do with xbox, extenders, etc. Just plain movie DVDs on my laptop computer.

There seems to be no menu or setup or anything like that for closed captioning on the WMC's menu which I consider to be an outright discrimination against the hearing impaired.

Thanks. If there is a third-party software that is more accommodating, I would love to download it so I can boot WMC out of the system.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:53 am

WMC doesn't really support DVD. I think most people around here have been using a 3rd party plug in. I was using Power DVD, currently use Total Media Theatre (TMT). Not sure about everyone else. TMT still works but I think the company is gone. I only use it for 3D, so I'll use it till it stops working.

Try looking through here for recent stuff>>>>> http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewforum.php?f=9

oakley516

Post by oakley516 » Tue May 05, 2015 3:49 am

If you're using WMC in Windows 7, it should be able to play DVDs with no issues.

It fully supports DVD playback, and you should get the DVD menu to come up when play a DVD. Have you tried a couple of different DVDs to be sure they aren't the cause of your problem?