Pay-Per-View Mayweather-Pacquiao fight?

maseline_98

HTPC Specs: Show details

Pay-Per-View Mayweather-Pacquiao fight?

Post by maseline_98 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:15 pm

I have comcast with a prime and was wondering if I order the fight if I will have any problems viewing it. We HBO and don't seem to have any problems on any of our extenders. Is there anything that I should before ordering it?

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:09 pm

maseline_98 wrote:I have comcast with a prime and was wondering if I order the fight if I will have any problems viewing it. We HBO and don't seem to have any problems on any of our extenders. Is there anything that I should before ordering it?
The ONLY problems with Windows Media Center and cablecards (this is a limit on Cablecards, not WMC), they do not support 2 way communication. So, they do not support ON-Demand or PPV.

There was some way in the past to see PPV on clearQAM channels but, this would be like a needle in a haystack and not sure I would spend the $99 on the fight and take the risk of not finding the channel.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

STC

Post by STC » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:31 pm

With my cable co you can call it in and they will enable it on your account to work for you. It should then decrypt correctly when the time comes.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123