Channel with two different listings in the Guide

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Sancho

HTPC Specs: Show details

Channel with two different listings in the Guide

Post by Sancho » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:32 pm

Just noticed on one of my HTPCs that channel 814 is listed twice in the Guide. One listing is correct (Bloomberg HD), while the other is incorrect and extraneous (WGN HD, which is really channel 900, and is listed there, as well). This is for Comcast in VA. Comcast does have dual listings for a lot of the HD channels, retaining the legacy listings in the 200s, as well as the newer, more complete listings in the 800s. This is different.

Both HTPCs run a single Ceton InfiniTV 4. I cleared the Channel Map on both, rebooted, got new maps. The "good" HTPC was showing about 200 more channels than the "problem" HTPC, which I knew was too many; that has been cleared up, but the dual channel listing remains on the one HTPC.

This is not a big deal, of course, esp. as I never watch those channels. I'm just curious why this happened, and if there's anything I can do to get rid of the extraneous listing of channel 814. I know there's a Guide Editor available; I think I even used it two or three years ago, but figured I'd ask the experts here.

Thanks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: Duuuuhhhh. I forgot there's a channel editor built into WMC. Unchecking the extraneous 814 listing did the trick. Funny it happened on only one HTPC.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:40 pm

The above doesn't always work. If you run into problems tuning and recording that duplicate channel, you'll need to remove it entirely using Guide Tool.
http://1geek1tool.com/guidetool/

Sancho

Post by Sancho » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:18 pm

mdavej wrote:The above doesn't always work. If you run into problems tuning and recording that duplicate channel, you'll need to remove it entirely using Guide Tool.
http://1geek1tool.com/guidetool/
Thanks. I downloaded it but didn't install it. Fortunately the built-in option worked.