Settings changes won’t save

jr44

HTPC Specs: Show details

Settings changes won’t save

Post by jr44 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:04 pm

Windows 7 Media Center (64bit)
When I make changes to the settings those changes will not save. It allows me to make the changes but if I go back it looks as it did before I made the changes.

Some examples are:
1. Adding another Recorded TV folder in media library
2. Changing record settings for a TV series to only “New” and not “New and Reruns”
3. Changing the recoding length for a episode (sporting event) to go additional 90 minutes.
4. It does save changes when I add new series or episodes or change the recorded TV storage path.

What I have tried to fix the problem.
1. Restart
2. Using additional features to turn WMC off restart then turn WMC on and restart

One thing of note I used http://www.seanmauch.com/seans-wmc-backup/
To move a recording schedule from another media center computer to this one. The program worked great and it did exactly what I wanted I only mention it to make sure it is not related.

I am open to any other suggestions and would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks!

JR

Gregory2732

Post by Gregory2732 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:25 pm

Long shot, but maybe go thru TV setup again?

and I have a question about "One thing of note I used http://www.seanmauch.com/seans-wmc-backup/
To move a recording schedule from another media center computer to this one. The program worked great and it did exactly what I wanted I only mention it to make sure it is not related."

will this program allow you to schedule recording on one and have another handle the recording? If so then you just solved my issue by accident.

jr44

Post by jr44 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:30 am

Gregory2732

Thanks for the idea.

will this program allow you to schedule recording on one and have another handle the recording? If so then you just solved my issue by accident.

I’m not certain but I believe it is setup to move the info from one computer to another not to have them work together simultaneously.