Audio out of sync

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
jtx

HTPC Specs: Show details

Audio out of sync

Post by jtx » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:18 pm

Is there any way to adjust/correct the synchronization of audio/video with the Ceton Echo?

On the XBOX 360, audio and video are perfectly sync'ed, but on the Echo, there is a very noticeable delay between the video and audio. I can increase delay for audio playback on the Yamaha amp/speaker but in this case, I would need a negative delay so no can do.

cKuR6

Post by cKuR6 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:25 pm

In researching multiple issues with echo's, i've ran across threads with people using cmd lines for things I did not think possible. Maybe someone will have an idea for you, for a long term fix.

When I see the issue. Pause usually fixes it. Sometimes, I have to rwd, ffwd, pause, generally play around with it, and sooner or later it will resync. Pain in the..... but it usually works itself out. Does this not work for your problem?

jtx

Post by jtx » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:16 pm

I've tried pause/rewind/ffwd, etc - doesn't help. The problem is intermittent in that sometimes the delay is much less noticeable. Also, some channels seem to work better than others, but most, if not all seem to have too much delay. Very annoying to watch people talking on TV with mouths out of sync. (1st world problem). This has never been a problem with my other DRV = SageTV system and HD300 extenders. I also noticed a terrible combing problem with the picture while watching the APL channel - stripes appear when during movement in the picture. This is also a non-problem on the HD300 while watching the same recording.

cKuR6

Post by cKuR6 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:24 am

I know, it drives me nuts. Thankfully, mine is easily fixed. Is this a new echo? If so, be patient, I was sure I'd be ditching mine, but they've calmed down the longer I've used. They still freeze and reboot, which is annoying, but better than cable co boxes.

Is this wired direct with Ethernet? On a switch? How's it connected?

I have one wired direct, rarely has any sync or other issues. I have 3 on the same moca device. They are fairly reliable. I have 2 on their own moca devices. One is flawless. The other has the sound issue multiple times per use. It is not the echo, I've swapped it with the wired unit, and the problem remained in the same room, but did not follow the echo to the direct wired location. So look at your connection.

jtx

Post by jtx » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:50 pm

Well, unfortunately mine is wired gigabit ethernet - all the way to the WMC7 PC. After implementing some changes suggested in this forum, (updating NIC drivers, keeping WMC7 PC awake (no sleep), resetting DRM) it is working quite a bit better except for these last couple of issues. I think this echo is about 2 years old.

cKuR6

Post by cKuR6 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:02 pm

Are you using HDMI sound out or Toslink? Have you tried swapping to see if it is the transmission of the signal from echo to your end device or the echo itself?