Recorded TV sorting with multiple WMC PCs

Rainey

HTPC Specs: Show details

Recorded TV sorting with multiple WMC PCs

Post by Rainey » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:09 am

I notice that when looking through Recorded TV, shows that were recorded today on the Other WMC's on the network are listed at the end of the listings by file name and not in the sorted order like any locally recorded shows that are listed by show name. Is this normal? Is there any tweak to get shows from the other locations to be sorted after the recording completes?

I think after some time like one day there are added into the sorted shows but i run a rename program every night and maybe that corrects things.

All my settings are default, so the file names are show_recordtime.wtv until WTVrenamer runs at night and they are filed and renamed to show - SxxExx - Title.wtv in folder\season xx

Thanks for any help in understanding this better.

choliscott

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by choliscott » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:48 pm

With previous experience, when I tried having multiple machines record (& view both record guides from within the main instance of WMC), I would also see the remote computer recordings show as a file name.wtv, with a record time of 0 minutes.

This was due to looking at the record guide, while the show (on the other computer was still recording), however shows that were already recorded, were listed as you would expect to see.

I believe this is due to WMC trying to read the Metadata from the file (which gets written after the show is done recording & the final output file is created).

Someone did create something that would automatically "clear & refresh" the record guide at different intervals, but I was never able to get it work correctly, and I can't remember the exact thread it was under.

Another thing to possibly look at is RecordedTVHD