Video drops in Full Screen but not Minimized Screen?

rinesta

HTPC Specs: Show details

Video drops in Full Screen but not Minimized Screen?

Post by rinesta » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:27 pm

For some reason, when I open WMC 7 in full screen (Maximized) and watch certain channels via TWC cable card/tuning adapter... the video will go blank as if there is no feed? I can still hear the sound, but no video. When I "minimize" to a smaller window... the video is fine. This is true for recorded and live TV.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... thanks!

- Time Warner Cable.
- Monueal Windows PC Media Center running Windows 7
- Onkyo Receiver (Audio is fine and doesn't drop thru Optical Feed)
- SONY Projector (Sony-VPL-HW40ES) direct HDMI run from WMC.
- HDHomeRun PRIME (3 Tuners)
- Cisco Tunning Adapter

MarkJohnson

Post by MarkJohnson » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:20 am

I too have this issue lately. It used to be online only as my HTPC is connected wirelessly. But now it's doing it on recorded movies.

I can watch in windowed mode stretched out to max screen size of almost 1080p. But when I click fullscreen mode. It starts lagging slowly and drops video completely then comes back. it constantly drops in and out the whole time.

Weirdly this has happened only recently. it has been doing fine for a long while. I even reinstalled windows thinking it was corrupted, but it still does it non-stop. Live or recorded.

Windowed mode works fine. so the video itself isn't an issue. Just the full screen makes it go berserk.

My system is:

Comcast cable
Win7 pro WMC
HTPC-I3-540 CPU, 4gb ram, GT 520 (and GT 620), 120GB SSD with 5TB HDD.
HDHomeRun cable card 3 tuners HDHR3-CC updated to latest firmware.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:01 pm

MarkJohnson wrote:I too have this issue lately. It used to be online only as my HTPC is connected wirelessly. But now it's doing it on recorded movies.

I can watch in windowed mode stretched out to max screen size of almost 1080p. But when I click fullscreen mode. It starts lagging slowly and drops video completely then comes back. it constantly drops in and out the whole time.

Weirdly this has happened only recently. it has been doing fine for a long while. I even reinstalled windows thinking it was corrupted, but it still does it non-stop. Live or recorded.

Windowed mode works fine. so the video itself isn't an issue. Just the full screen makes it go berserk.

My system is:

Comcast cable
Win7 pro WMC
HTPC-I3-540 CPU, 4gb ram, GT 520 (and GT 620), 120GB SSD with 5TB HDD.
HDHomeRun cable card 3 tuners HDHR3-CC updated to latest firmware.
Ah, Nvidia card, got into the Nvidia control panel, I think it's color settings, there is an option (doing this off the top of my head) lower on the setting, and change it to "full screen video", Hit OK and restart Media Center.

If the PC looks like it's locking up (mouse does not move), you will need to connect it to a PC monitor then re-do it..

I had this happen on some recordings from some channels, and other times, I would be watching tv, and a commercial would come up and the screen would go black. I knew of 3 shows that I recorded that had this issue 100% of the time. This fixed it 100%.

If you cant find it, I will double check my machine's settings when I get home from work...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

MarkJohnson

Post by MarkJohnson » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:06 am

That did the trick.

Thanks for your help.
-=Mark=-

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:24 am

MarkJohnson wrote:That did the trick.

Thanks for your help.
-=Mark=-
No problem, It just happened to me and it took me a few days to figure it out. I rebuild my machine after 5 years and then this problem ! UGH !

At least it was a quick fix after I started really looking into it...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

rinesta

Post by rinesta » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:41 pm

Just returned from a lot of traveling and took the time to make this change in Nvidia Control Panel... THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU!!!! This has been driving me nuts for the last 3 months, I was just about to give up, but your post saved me, recorded and live TV now plays just fine... appreciate your help!

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:42 pm

rinesta wrote:Just returned from a lot of traveling and took the time to make this change in Nvidia Control Panel... THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU!!!! This has been driving me nuts for the last 3 months, I was just about to give up, but your post saved me, recorded and live TV now plays just fine... appreciate your help!
Glad I could help. If you had to travel, May I suggest to have them download teamviewer standalone ? You can have them download it and provide you with a password to get to the machine, In your testing you can view live video and recorded video (not the best performance by any means but, it works)

It drove me nuts for about 2-3 weeks, Some shows I would put into a window to view on my 65" tv...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave