FFW/RW Preview Not Working

radams

HTPC Specs: Show details

FFW/RW Preview Not Working

Post by radams » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:27 pm

Just set up my new build, and am running into a strange issue...when I hold down the skip forward/back button, the preview comes up in the little box on the navigation bar, and I can go forward and back in 30 second skips...but when I press "Play", nothing happens. I just have to wait a few seconds before it automatically skips to that point. This is the 4th or 5th build I've done, and I've never run into this. The main difference in this build is that I'm using an integrated IR sensor in my case (PHT ITX-6) instead of the Microsoft USB receiver. But this issue still happens whether I try pressing play on my remote, or through a remote app that uses wifi like MyMovies or the Ceton app.

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:01 pm

I'm having issues with transport controls on my new build as well. My issue is that stop and track forward and back don't respond after watching the same channel for a while. Changing channel restores functionality. I'm only sharing my issue for good measure just in case an update borked things and we see a pattern.

Chrome and iTunes are known to cause issues, so that's where you can start. Chrome needs to be toggled to NOT run in the background and I don't know if there is a fix for itunes other than to remove it. If that doesn't apply to you, then we're in the same boat. I'm going to reinstall Windows over the weekend. I tend to introduce plugins and customizations slowly, so maybe I'll see what the culprit is should the issue arise again.

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:43 pm

Any luck radams? Do you have iTunes or Chrome installed?

Well I did a reinstall of Windows. I did NOT reintroduce anything slowly. I jumped in with both feet and installed everything and customized the main menu. What did that get me? The same issue. Awesome! I will now unisntall software systematically.

I started with removing MyMemories screen saver even though I haven't had an issue on another build. It does leverage the transport cotrols so I figured that's a good place to start.