Help with guide listings

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Beestieboy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Help with guide listings

Post by Beestieboy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:29 am

Hi there everyone! New member here hoping for a bit of direction and help in troubleshooting the guide.

I have windows 7, Comcast digital cable, Ceton 4 tuner cable card, and have been using WMC for a couple years now for DVR and such and it's worked great. A couple months ago the guide listings stopped repopulating and I tried to force new downloads of the guide to refresh it and it just would not. I checked the Zap2it site and for a while there they didn't have a listing for Comcast digital cable in the Salt Lake UT area. I figured when they get that sorted out the guide will come back. Now, the Zap2it has listings again but my WMC guide will still not update. Can you give me some suggestions to help troubleshoot this issue? I see other posts of people using different zip codes and using their guides but so far I have not been successful in that. What would be the next step to try? Thanks much!

choliscott

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by choliscott » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:32 am

Try manually going a guide update & look at the event viewer. If you see an entry about the channel guide id (or some sort of ID) being invalid, you will need to set up the channel guide again