New Pixalation issues

ckappler

HTPC Specs: Show details

New Pixalation issues

Post by ckappler » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:36 am

Hi there. I have looked at a ton of posts but can not find a solution to my problem. About a month ago, no changes to my system that I am aware of, I started having pixelation issues. All channels. I have tried updating all drivers etc. I had the cable company out to my house 4 times. The signal is coming in clean. It must be a cpt issue but I can not figure out what that might be.

I am running an Assassin HTPC that is maybe 2 years old. Win 7 32bit. I believe it is running an Intel HD 2000 integrated graphics card. Not sure what other info would be helpful to share. Please let me know. I am at my wits end here!

-Ckappler

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:16 am

You might be overheating. Open it up and blow the cobwebs out of the case. Ground yourself to the case and feel for heat. If you are not that adventurous download SPECCY and post a screen capture of the temperatures of everything that has a sensor. http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

sdowney717

Post by sdowney717 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:35 pm

I had similar issues which turned out to be Chrome browser using up resources.
Get rid of everything not absolutley neccessary, and diable your AV program and see if it goes away.

ckappler

Post by ckappler » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:17 pm

Already cleaned out the cpt and looked at temps. All appear good. Will try the SPECCY thing and let you know.

sdowney - what do you mean by disable my AV program?

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:53 pm

He's referrimg to antivirus software.

A failing hard drive or possibly a full hard drive can cause issues as well...speccy may point out a failing hard drive, but also might not show any measureable symptoms as well.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:56 pm

mcewinter wrote:He's referrimg to antivirus software.

A failing hard drive or possibly a full hard drive can cause issues as well...speccy may point out a failing hard drive, but also might not show any measureable symptoms as well.
He could also put exclusions in on his AV software to not scan the folders, esp the folder where the recorded shows go (and this is were the recording temp files for live tv are as well).

This could help too, as a update to Anti-virus could lock files when they start record or play back and could cause that problem.

I have seen this before...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

ckappler

Post by ckappler » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:23 pm

Ok. I disabled my AV and didn't see any noticeable difference. I did stream a movie directly from my browser and had almost no problems with stuttering. Pic quality wasn't fantastic but ok. Which leads me to think it is indeed something with WMC.

TeddyR

Post by TeddyR » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:50 am

ckappler wrote:Ok. I disabled my AV and didn't see any noticeable difference. I did stream a movie directly from my browser and had almost no problems with stuttering. Pic quality wasn't fantastic but ok. Which leads me to think it is indeed something with WMC.
For many AV/antispam simply disabling it is not enough. You must completely uninstall it. Disabling it simply disables the action rule-set, but the "inspection" that may be causing the issue is still happening if not uninstalled.
Time is on my side.