Guide missing channels

nb2a

HTPC Specs: Show details

Guide missing channels

Post by nb2a » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:56 am

I am using windows media center on windows 8.1. My hardware is a Silicon Dust Prime HD. I am on Verizon and do not seem to get Verizon Fios channel 1 in WMC. I do get in with Prime HD program. Is this a known guide issue? How can one know what channels they do get with their providers? Thank you.

signcarver

Post by signcarver » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:02 pm

Most guide issues I suggest looking at zap2it and see if it is correct there... however I would think that this channel may not furnish any guide data so they may not be interested in adding it. You might be able to manually add it with guide editor.

There was a time that channel 1 was never supposed to be a real channel number so it may be that WMC has a bug that may prevent it from being added even using a tool such as guide tool (I don't believe so). The only provider that I have had that really had a channel 1 had it listed as ch 99 which is channel "A-1" (my current provider uses channel 1 to bring up VOD, not an actual channel and doesn't apply to WMC)

LuckyDay

Post by LuckyDay » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:38 pm

nb2a wrote:I am using windows media center on windows 8.1. My hardware is a Silicon Dust Prime HD. I am on Verizon and do not seem to get Verizon Fios channel 1 in WMC. I do get in with Prime HD program. Is this a known guide issue? How can one know what channels they do get with their providers? Thank you.
Have you gone into the guide settings in WMC and made sure channel 1 just isn't disabled?

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:40 pm

often with channels 00 and 01 merely aliased to 98/99 or 100/101. There is no channel 1 in the guide.

nb2a

Post by nb2a » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:24 pm

I dont think channel 1 appears in WMC. I also do not see how to edit that either. All the other channels appear and are checked off to be on.

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:17 pm

It would be helpful to know your location because channel lineups for different regions vary. Does anybody with FIOS know what he is talking about?. A few other suggestions, you should be able to view your channel map for which channels you receive in your homerun prime device settings. A program such as MCE toolbox http://www.acs-digital-media.com/mce-rtb.html is a nice investment for channel and guide customization. It also couldn't hurt to give Verizon a call as you might be able to talk to someone who could tell you what channel a non set top box user would receive that channel. Also, it isn't a VOD or interactive channel is it? That would obviously not work on cablecard.