Media Center starts on the wrong screen, any idea ?

crawfish

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by crawfish » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:18 pm

Hey DavidinCT, any splitter results yet?

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:32 pm

crawfish wrote:Hey DavidinCT, any splitter results yet?
I got it in but, I have not needed it. From the time I set on monitor 1, it has not swapped monitors once.

I even rebuilt my MCE machine this weekend (I was having some "ghosts in the machine" after going back to first run) and still, I changed inputs 5 times, turned the TV off and back on about 5-6 times, it adjusts (like I can see the desktop for a second, then blinks and MCE starts). I will hold on to the splitter for 2 more days, if it happens once, I will try it. So far so good.

I think in the long term a splitter is what I am going to need but, due to me having a 4K tv, I want a splitter that supports HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2. As these will be VERY important later this year (4K Blu-ray), and the splitters that are available only have HDMI 1.4 (HDfury or all the little no name brands on ebay and Amazon).

So far so good, just wish I could find a fix for the "Media Center is running at a really high resolution", as if I change the registry settings for it, as soon as MC starts or I switch/turn on tv, it changes it and gives me the DAM message...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:48 pm

Follow up on this, still no problems, from the time the TV is set as Monitor 1 in the Windows settings, It has not changed monitors once. I still get the blinking of screen. When switching to the source, I can see the desktop for a second, screen will go black for a second, then MC comes up, Then I get the dreaded "High res mode" message.

But, it has not gone to Monitor 2 once...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

crawfish

Post by crawfish » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:44 pm

Is the audio stable? After you turn off the AVR or switch inputs, does the sound icon in the notification area eventually get an "x" through it?

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:08 am

crawfish wrote:Is the audio stable? After you turn off the AVR or switch inputs, does the sound icon in the notification area eventually get an "x" through it?
Audio has been flawless, no problems at all. I did get one case where the 2nd monitor was disabled in the NV control panel (This will play audio but, at a static volume and no bit streaming) but, from a quick check of a button, it's been solid (not sure if I did something to cause this).

Wish I did this first, getting windows to see the TV as monitor 1...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

crawfish

Post by crawfish » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:34 am

That's great! I think I'll take it to the DisplayFusion guys now. Maybe they can do something similar.