Digital Cable Advisor - Minimum Video Card Requirements

george14215

HTPC Specs: Show details

Digital Cable Advisor - Minimum Video Card Requirements

Post by george14215 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:04 pm

Hello,
Using an HDHomerun Prime successfully on one WMC, but not on another because the DCA says my video card won't work because of protected content. I searched here and on google but could not find any documentation on what the minimum requirements are for a video card need to be.

Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:18 pm

Your video card must support HDCP, as well as the display device (TV or PC Monitor).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-bandw ... Protection
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:07 pm

george14215

Post by george14215 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:15 pm

Already did. That got me to the point where I discovered the cable content wouldn't play. I think Scallica is spot on.

signcarver

Post by signcarver » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:06 am

It probably would have helped if you provided card/display information as there are many things that can cause this.

First is whether or not the card/display actually support hdcp as that is what the message is for. Second is whether or not WMC will believe it supports HDCP, usually this is an issue with displayport, as WMC will not recognize displayport as HDCP capable... in most cases a displayport to hdmi adapter will work. Next the display cannot be "cloned" or run in VM and this includes many remote access type apps and in some cases webcam and fingerprint reader drivers have also been known to interfere as well as if you ever installed Hyper-V as it then runs the host as a virtual machine (unless you configure it to boot with no hyper visor (I believe its hypervisorlaunchtype off ). There have also been some issues with output >1920x1080(1200) and/or the refresh rate of the monitor (for instance anything <45 usually is guaranteed to kill it). There are also issues with protected h.264 content with some graphics "cards" (such as intgrated intel graphics)