Xbox Freezes When Selecting Recorded TV

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
osujd

HTPC Specs: Show details

Xbox Freezes When Selecting Recorded TV

Post by osujd » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:43 pm

Hello All,

To Start out with I am a complete Noob to this forum so I apologize if this problem has been covered before. I am finding that when I use my 360 as an extender for Windows Media Center it freezes when I choose recorded tv. When I look at the event log I see the error "The Media Center Extender was abruptly disconnected". I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the extender several times. I have also tried using two different xbox 360s as well as two different servers (laptop/desktop) to host the windows media center. The Set Up is this: I have an hd homerun and the windows server machine running directly to the router. I have the xbox 360 bridged to my router. I have full signal strength when I optimize the connection. I have turned off the firewall on the server and I have opened up the following tcp/upd ports on the router. At this point I am at my wits end trying to figure out what is causing the drop. Any suggestions?

Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)

Thanks,

Josh

Port 3390 (TCP)

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:13 pm

When you say xbox is bridged to the router does this mean wireless bridge?

Is it possible that your router is isolating the wifi from the lan? Here is a shot of mine, maybe yours has a similar feature. What model router do you have?

You might have to un-bridge, change the setting, then bridge again.
Attachments
IsolatedWifi.jpg

osujd

Post by osujd » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:12 pm

Hello Thank you for the Reply! I have only connected with the wireless bridge with AOSS (AirStation One-Touch Secure System). I have not tried to manually configure the bridge but you are right that may be the source of the problem. The setup I am currently using is a Buffalo WZR-D1800H wireless router and a Buffalo WLI-H4-D1300 Media Bridge. I am currently parsing through the manual but it doesn't appear to have any of the options highlighted in your screen capture. I have tried to attached the manual to the message board but it does not appear to be an option. Please let me know if you would like me to PM it to you.

Josh

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:30 am

Looks like pdf files are not allowed to be posted here. Here is the link to the manual. http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c85091/ ... -04_EN.pdf I had a look through the manual.

1-The feature that I suggested "isolation" is not enabled by default, so it is unlikely that it is preventing your xbox from getting to RecordedTV. see pg 78. If you want to confirm the setting is disabled see the picture below.

2-The only other feature that caught my eye, and might be what is blocking the xbox would be "allow WEP for game consoles" Looks like you go into Wireless/AOSS and add a checkmark.

3-Maybe you have been here before, here is a link to how to port forward an xbox. http://portforward.com/english/routers/ ... Center.htm
Attachments
Isolation.JPG
GameConsole.JPG