Media Center acts differently launched from Green Button

fraenhawk

HTPC Specs: Show details

Media Center acts differently launched from Green Button

Post by fraenhawk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:03 pm

So, I have some MKVs that have both Japanese and English Audio tracks. the JPN track is set default, none are marked forced though. I use LAV for my audio/video/splitter and that's it for codecs. Normally I run my HTPCs with a remote only but I keep a wireless mouse turned off most of the time just for installs/updates. While I was working on another issue I didn't have Media Center maximized so I could see the systray. I noticed that if I clicked my pinned icon for WMC to launch, it would remember that I was non maximized and start in the same size window each time. If I launched WMC with the Green Button on the remote it would always start full screen. That's minor, but it lead me to notice another correlation. My LAV is setup so that if there is English available always play English. Well this is the bizarre part. If I use the mouse to start WMC, browse to the video and play it, it plays the English track. If I use Windows Explorer to browse to the file and double-click it (which is set to open in WMC) it plays the English track. If I use the Green Button on the remote and browse to the video and play it, it plays the Japanese track?!

Does launching Media Center with the remote's Green Button cause it to load in a different manner than from the desktop icon? Is there a place (registry?) that can stop this behavior? I can't see how this would be a LAV issue if it's dependent on the way WMC was launched so I'm starting here.

SoNic67

Post by SoNic67 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:48 pm

WMC has certain switches that can model the behavior:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 89052.aspx

fraenhawk

Post by fraenhawk » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:34 pm

I'm not sure I see how that link helps. As I said, when running the icon (which has no extra command line parameters) everything is running well. It's when using the green button on the remote. Is there any way to control what is triggered when the green button is pressed to have it act like pressing the desktop icon?

SoNic67

Post by SoNic67 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:06 pm