ClearQAM vs Virtual Channels in 8.1

Kendog52361

HTPC Specs: Show details

ClearQAM vs Virtual Channels in 8.1

Post by Kendog52361 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:02 am

I recently installed a HD Homerun Dual tuner. It is broadcasting to WMC with two boxes. One is WMC with Windows 8.1, the other is running Windows 7 Home Premium. My problem, and what I need help with is it is only showing up in WMC with the QAM tuner frequency, and no program guide data. It is not showing up the Virtual Channels, or program guide data. If it helps, it is using Mediacom Clear QAM in Cedar Rapids, IA. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ed 

Post by Ed  » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:07 am

Using guide tool, you can renumber the QAM physical channel numbers to the appropriate virtual channel numbers, add the channel call sign if you need to, and link the channels by call sign to the appropriate guide listings data. Should then all show up fine in Media Center.

http://1geek1tool.com/guidetool/

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:56 pm

You could also try re-running TV Setup in Media Center. Make sure to select the correct guide listing source. There are often several different ones listed, and you may have chosen the wrong one when you set it up the first time.

If that doesn't work, try running TV Setup and choose a ZIP code near you instead of using your actual ZIP code.

Kendog52361

Post by Kendog52361 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:39 pm

Ed  wrote:Using guide tool, you can renumber the QAM physical channel numbers to the appropriate virtual channel numbers, add the channel call sign if you need to, and link the channels by call sign to the appropriate guide listings data. Should then all show up fine in Media Center.

http://1geek1tool.com/guidetool/

Thanks, the program let me fix it.

Kendog52361

Post by Kendog52361 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:41 pm

barnabas1969 wrote:You could also try re-running TV Setup in Media Center. Make sure to select the correct guide listing source. There are often several different ones listed, and you may have chosen the wrong one when you set it up the first time.

If that doesn't work, try running TV Setup and choose a ZIP code near you instead of using your actual ZIP code.
I tried that, several times and it didn't work. I didn't try a similar ZIP code, but the program in the above post allowed me to fix it. Thanks for the suggestion though.