Videos fail after resume from sleep with LAV

deihmos

HTPC Specs: Show details

Videos fail after resume from sleep with LAV

Post by deihmos » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:08 pm

The version of lav splitter after 0.59.1 introduced an issue in WMC for me when I resume from sleep. None of my videos including Live TV plays when I resume from sleep with WMC running. I will have to restart WMC to play anything. It works fine with lav splitter 0.9.1 but anything after has the same issue. Has anyone experienced or know of a solution besides restarting WMC? It only occurs if the last video I played used the lav splitter.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:04 pm

I have had a similar issue using LAV as of late. Lately I just exit WMC before putting the PC to sleep.
Out of curiosity.. try playing live TV.. (do you get a video error?) if you minimize or Restore down the WMC window will the TV start playing then without user interaction? Mine will.
It has some sort of HDCP communication error going on and minimizing the WMC window or using the Restore down button will re-initiate the HDCP handshake and live TV plays again.
It's a strange little bug. I also have had issues as of late watching TV and then all of a sudden I get a Blue screen that says Video Error: Files needed to display video are not installed or working.
and I have to close WMC and reopen it for things to work again. (this is on recorded tv shows).

In LAV 0.62 (latest version) he added •NEW: Implemented a WMV9 MFT decoder to replace the old DMO decoder for VC-1/WMV3 on Windows 7 and above
I don't know if this is causing any issue with WMC or not??
I have been working on trying to narrow down where the problem is coming from,.. Thought it may be a Video Card driver issue at first but now I am starting to wonder if LAV's latest release is wrecking havoc..
newfiend~
Edit: I also wanted to add that I followed this guide to a T and had great success up until lately.. http://www.thehtpc.net/htpc-tips-and-tw ... subtitles/
Even used Win7DSFilterTweaker and set everything accordingly. So I keep checking back on LAV's site to see if there is a new update posted but it's been awhile since there was a new release.

deihmos

Post by deihmos » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:46 pm

If you have to minimize and restore to get live tv to play then it probably means you are not connected using HDMI or you are on a laptop. For the mean time I am going to stick with lav 0.59.1 because I don't want to close wmc.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:27 pm

deihmos wrote:If you have to minimize and restore to get live tv to play then it probably means you are not connected using HDMI or you are on a laptop. For the mean time I am going to stick with lav 0.59.1 because I don't want to close WMC.
I actually am connected via HDMI.. GT790Ti HDMI out > Sony DVR HDMI input > Sony HDTV via HDMI. If you check my specs It's a custom built rig and I didn't scrimp on hardware (at least I didn't think I did).. I don't know why minimizing the WMC window seems to fix the issue but it must reinitiate the HDMI handshake and it fixes the problem. I may try rolling back to 59.1 as well and see what happens..
newfiend~

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:00 pm

newfiend wrote:I don't know why minimizing the WMC window seems to fix the issue but it must reinitiate the HDMI handshake
Yes, it does the handshake again any time you drop out of fullscreen mode and then get back in fullscreen mode.