Two 360 clients freeze then have to reconnect

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
Skybolt

HTPC Specs: Show details

Two 360 clients freeze then have to reconnect

Post by Skybolt » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:26 pm

I have two 360 clients attached to a dedicated 7mc box. I can turn one on and watch all day, but as soon as I turn the other on and it connects both freeze and have to reconnect, then if I am lucky, both can watch the same channel for a period of time until one ultimately locks up and freezes, then it starts all over again. I have tried swapping the 360's around, introduced new one etc. all have been updated to latest dashboard etc.

Does anyone else see this? the connecting and reconnecting thing is getting old, and use to work just fine before the last two updates.

EDIT: I should mention that I am running Recorded HD TV and Media Browser 3. Recorded HD TV has the stock MS TV menu hidden. The main PC works lie a charm and has absolutely no issues.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:36 pm

I haven't noticed any problems. Have you changed anything in the network settings on the PC, or possibly changed network drivers... maybe due to a Windows Update?

Skybolt

Post by Skybolt » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:18 pm

barnabas1969 wrote:I haven't noticed any problems. Have you changed anything in the network settings on the PC, or possibly changed network drivers... maybe due to a Windows Update?
Nah, nothing. I already have dedicated runs for the extenders through a d-link 1g managed switch. When the extenders work they work great, I never get network issues displayed. It's really weird that when they connect they both drop off and have to reconnect. I suspect that if I get that part resolved then the rest will all fall in line. I should look at the 7MC box when I do this I guess.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:46 pm

I have lots of issues with MB3. I'd disable it temporarily and see if that helps.

Skybolt

Post by Skybolt » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:31 pm

Well so far all I have been able to find is that Recorded TV HD is the culprit, changing different settings causes different issues.

I recently started to play around with the menu items and shuffling them around and even turning off the default TV item. Doing that seemed to be the root cause of most of my issues. Recorded TV HD is such a great plug-in but it is so so buggy.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:53 pm

Turn off the commercial break viewer. It is on by default.

Skybolt

Post by Skybolt » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:08 pm

Yeah, I wish that were the case, thanks though. I had already shut it off a while back. When I get some more time I am going to test each thing I have turned on ... Not fun... It's such a great plug in too.

Skybolt

Post by Skybolt » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:00 pm

In case anyone else has issues like this, I was able to resolve this by replacing my desktop NIC with a server grade Intel one. Man what a difference, FF and skip picked up as well.