Is there supposed to be a warning for missed recordings?

cncb

HTPC Specs: Show details

Is there supposed to be a warning for missed recordings?

Post by cncb » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:45 pm

I noticed there was a recording missed because for this particular show a week was "skipped" in my recordings list. I went back in the history and for this episode there were several "no signal" errors which has never happened before. In any case, doesn't WMC offer any visible warnings that a scheduled recording failed and was missed?

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:15 pm

If you leave the Media Center GUI running, the errors will be waiting for you to acknowledge them, and you will not be able to do anything until you acknowledge them. Of course, if someone else in your household acknowledged them (even on an extender), you won't see the messages.

If you close Media Center, you won't get any messages for errors that happened while the Media Center GUI was closed.

cncb

Post by cncb » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:48 pm

Thanks. I don't have the GUI open on the "server" and only connect through an XBox which was off at the time so I never saw the warning. This is not a very robust warning mechanism.

RyC

Post by RyC » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:20 pm

If you're on the desktop, the little task bar icon that shows up when something is recording will change to an arrow and a tooltip will pop up saying "No Signal...." as well.