Video Error Missing Codec

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
toadleyb

HTPC Specs: Show details

Video Error Missing Codec

Post by toadleyb » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:10 pm

I have been tinkering with a Raspberry Pi in hopes of using it to replace my Ceton Echo. There is a known issue with the raspberry pi in that it will not playback some wtv files. In searching for a way around this problem I came across MCEBuddy. I have been playing now for about a week with different methods of using MCEBuddy to convert the wtv files to a format that the raspberry pi will play. I purchased the beta 15 version of MCEBuddy which now has three different modes I have tried. They are mp4 unprocessed, ts unprocessed, and mkv unprocessed. All three of these modes simply change the container of the file without modify the video or audio in any way. I am not using MCEBuddy to remove any commercials at this point. All three of these will play back fine on the raspberry pi but when trying to play any of them on the echo I get a "video error" with a message about a missing codec. The echo then completely freezes and I have to unplug it to get it to work at all. These files are mpeg2 with ac3 audio. They play back fine also on my HTPC in WMC. I have the shark codec pack installed and have followed the setup guide to the letter. I have tried the option of selecting "alternate extender" on the mkv tab. I even found a suggestion online that using the gabest splitter instead of lav may help. None of these have worked.

Anyone have any ideas what may be causing this or anyway I might fix it?

Thanks.