Different signal strength between Mac and WMC

Ask about SiliconDusts HomeRun tuners here.
pbradley_1

HTPC Specs: Show details

Different signal strength between Mac and WMC

Post by pbradley_1 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:41 am

I have a single OTA antenna with a single coax cable going into a splitter. Off that splitter I have an Elgato SiliconDust HD HOMERUN Network Dual Tuner for HDTV. I can watch the output from my Mac or WMC. In Mac I can see our NBC affiliate on 5.1 and 5.2. At best on the WMC, it goes in and out and now it shows a single red bar in the signal strength interface. Not sure it matters but our PBS is 8.1 and it is crystal clear through both interfaces. Other points of note are that if I watched a show on 5.1, I could watch it though it might flicker but the second I click record, it would totally go blank - picture just disappeared. Once recording failed, I could change channels and go back to 5.1 and watch the show again. During this time, the signal meter interface showed 5 green bars so full strength. I just added my Hauppage card back into the system and now the signal is down to the single red bar as I said previously and I get no signal on 5.1. Mac is still fine. Any ideas?

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:27 pm

Look at the following thread, and try the hotfix from Microsoft:
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... f=6&t=2337

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:50 pm

I would look at the sources for the channel and see if there arent any extra non-receivable sources in MCE for that station. The Mac probably doesnt have that issue.

Settings/TV/Guide/Edit Channel/Edit Sources

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:01 pm

Hmmm... yeah I suppose that could be it too. It was difficult to understand what the OP was really trying to explain.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:49 pm

barnabas1969 wrote:Hmmm... yeah I suppose that could be it too. It was difficult to understand what the OP was really trying to explain.
Where are the red and green bars in Media Center? I've got three of the HD Homerun clear QAM tuners (two of the old with dual inputs and one of the new with a single input).

I wonder if the OP has tried looking at QuickTV to see if he gets picture in sound in windows. If not, he might have network issues to deal with.