Can the InfiniTV PCI 4 and InfiniTV 6 ETH co-exist?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
chuck

HTPC Specs: Show details

Can the InfiniTV PCI 4 and InfiniTV 6 ETH co-exist?

Post by chuck » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:07 pm

Greetings all, I have been running the PCI 4 in a tv server for more that a year, serving the rest of the house. I just got the InfiniTV 6 ETH and am wondering if there are any issues I should be concerned about before adding the InfiniTV 6 ETH to my network. Will the installation of the (Windows 7 SP1) - BETA DRIVER: Ceton InfiniTV Installer (13.06.03.1088) hose any of my setup for the currently installed PCI 4 if installed on the same machine?

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:10 pm

chuck wrote:Greetings all, I have been running the PCI 4 in a tv server for more that a year, serving the rest of the house. I just got the InfiniTV 6 ETH and am wondering if there are any issues I should be concerned about before adding the InfiniTV 6 ETH to my network. Will the installation of the (Windows 7 SP1) - BETA DRIVER: Ceton InfiniTV Installer (13.06.03.1088) hose any of my setup for the currently installed PCI 4 if installed on the same machine?
Yes. They can coexist fine.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

chuck

Post by chuck » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Thanks! Getting ready to power it up and install the software now.

chuck

Post by chuck » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:44 pm

As you stated, there will be no problems. The 4 tuner PCIe card is still serving the other devices as it was, and the new ETH6 is providing a signal to a new computer. The CableCard for the ETH6 should be here on Jan 2, and I will get the unit fully operational. I will report back then.

chuck

Post by chuck » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:19 am

It has all been running great for about 2 months, I dare say, as one would expect. The pci4 in the tv-server remains in use, and the additional eth6 has been added to the mix. The eth6 is serving the 3 main 60" tvs via a pc at each, my pc, and my laptop. The pci4 is pulling dvr duty controlled through tablets and smartphones via the Ceton app, and providing tv service to my gf's laptop.

FWIW, when I was maxing out my pci4 I was starting to have freezing/macro-blocking/pixel problem, now that I am not maxing out any single device those problems are gone.

Good job Ceton, thanks for making these devices!