"We are waiting on FreeScale to provide a patch"

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Crunch

HTPC Specs: Show details

"We are waiting on FreeScale to provide a patch"

Post by Crunch » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:50 pm

I still have jitter issue with a couple of my recordings from channels like HBO. After months of back and forth on my issue, Ceton just replied to ticket with...

Very sorry for the delay as we are waiting on FreeScale to provide a patch which we will then do our best to incorporate into our product lines. We do not have a date on when to expect this from them at this time.
We have your information and if we get any updates we will notify you.

Does this sound like the fix we are waiting for?

hmmurdock

Post by hmmurdock » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:20 pm

Maybe. It could fix nothing, it could fix everything. It'll probably be somewhere in between. It's good to hear that they are still working on it, and that FreeScale has evidently acknowledged some issue(s) on their end, but it's a little early to get excited about this just yet.

Jimmersd

Post by Jimmersd » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:50 am

hmmurdock wrote:Maybe. It could fix nothing, it could fix everything. It'll probably be somewhere in between. It's good to hear that they are still working on it, and that FreeScale has evidently acknowledged some issue(s) on their end, but it's a little early to get excited about this just yet.
There's always the possibility that it makes things worse. ;)

Dean L. Surkin

Post by Dean L. Surkin » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:59 am

Crunch:
Please let us know as soon as you hear anything.

I'm not sure whether or not to be surprised that a significant part of the firmware is provided by FreeScale. So what incentive do they have to provide a fix? If Ceton is the only one of their customers generating complaints, I don't think they have any reason to care.
Dean L. Surkin

jeonunh

Post by jeonunh » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:38 pm

Given the potential future sales for Freescale to Ceton if they fix the issue (Zero), I doubt they're working very hard on a patch. Given how little Ceton cares about the Echo at this point, I'm betting they are applying virtually no pressure on Freescale to finish a patch either. #IfIholdmybreathwaitingIlldie