infiniTV ETH6 Tuning Adapter Error

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
bdo

HTPC Specs: Show details

infiniTV ETH6 Tuning Adapter Error

Post by bdo » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:03 pm

I just installed an ETH and everything is working fine except for the TA. I can tune non-SDV channels fine, however, whenever I try to tune to an SDV channel, I get a no signal error message. I have several TA's so I have tried several on the chance this is a bad TA but that doesnt seem to be the issue. I am on TWC (Dallas area), have MOTO TA, and have this working fine on an older setup using PCI InfiniTV tuners. I have confirmed that the TA's are running firmware 1.37. When I go to the network page for the ETH, and look under the TA tab, it shows status as disabled and all other items as unavailable (same under sub tabs one, two three). The same TA is working fine on my old setup with internal InfiniTV's so I don't think its the TA. I do get a solid amber light, so its connecting with the headend fine. I do notice though that I never see the red light come on when trying to tune a SDV channel - I see this when i have the TA connected to my old setup with internal InfiniTv's. I have also tried the latest beta firmware hoping this might solve the problem but that did not help. I am wondering if it might be a bad usb cable, so today i am going to try and get another cable and give that a try. I have a support ticket into Ceton but probably won't hear back till tomorrow. Appreciate any suggestions/ideas on other things to check that may be causing the issue.

Thanks

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:40 pm

Are you sure that the TA's USB cable is firmly attached to the InfiniTV? It's possible to plug the conector in slightly so that it appears to be connected, but to enough to make a connection.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

bdo

Post by bdo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:53 pm

I double checked the connection and it is plugged in all the way. Still cannot get SDV channels to tune. Should I be seeing the red light come on when is requesting the tuner to tune to a SDV channel? I am not seeing this happen so I suspect it's either a bad USB cable or a problem with the tuner hardware.

BattleshipBill

Post by BattleshipBill » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:35 am

I've have the same problems to be honest and I've spent a lot to time with TWC on the phone, at their drop off center, and with their techs here.

Here is what i have going

TWC
Motorola Tuning Adapter
Ceton InfiniTV 6
Gig Network
Firewall wide open
Ports forwarded per advice

I can see all 6 tuners, however i can not tune to and SDV stations, I have the USB cable inserted into the back of the Moto Tuner and plugged into the Ceton device.
I can tune ESPN or any non SDV channel.

I've tried everything at this point so I am frustrated.

I will say this, in my Ceton page diagnostics, on the Tuning adapter page, under 3 Tuning Adapter pages it says "disabled" I how do i enable?

All my Serial numbers / Model / host appear to be correct with TWC

I had them come out today and reduce the DB down to 6.5, it was at 13.

Any idea's folks? I miss the science channel.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:02 am

Have you opened a support ticket with us (Ceton)?
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

EZEd

Post by EZEd » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:02 pm

Just noticed this last night myself. In the past the only problem had been with DiscoveryHD (just one channel with TWC Dallas), but last night there were several channels that would not tune. I performed "reset tuners/discover tuners" in Ceton Diag Tool, re-setup Media Center...no change. This is with a 6ETH as well. I too noticed that the red light did not come on when trying to tune channels. I would then get Subscription Required message on several channels, but many channels of the same type/group did not behave this way. I did not try a complete machine shutdown, so maybe I'll try that this evening when I get home. I'll report back. Back earlier in the spring/summer when I was only having this problem with DiscoveryHD I submitted a Ceton ticket but we mutually agreed that this was probably a bad Moto TA. Now with more channels behaving badly I don't know if it's TA or interaction of TA to Ceton 6ETH. Would love to get this sorted out.