[SOLD] FS/FT: Ultra-Quiet AMD Quad Core Mid-Tower PC

Sell and buy stuff from other TGBers!
Forum rules
WARNING: Always use caution when purchasing from strangers. Remember this site does NOT provide buyer protection. Never send your credit card information to a user.
Doctor Feelgood

HTPC Specs: Show details

[SOLD] FS/FT: Ultra-Quiet AMD Quad Core Mid-Tower PC

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:22 pm

This is a fast, quiet tower computer that would work well for a desktop work station, home theater PC, or as a gaming rig. The specifications are all listed below, and please be sure to check out the pictures to see how the case is setup to keep this quiet.

•AMD Phenom II X4 840 quad core CPU - 4x 3.2GHz processing cores
•Noctua 120mm Heatpipe high performance, low noise CPU cooler
•Biostar A780L Socket AM3/AM2+ AMD 760G / SB710 mATX motherboard
•eVGA 1GB GT520 PCI Express video card with dual-DVI connections and HDMI
•4GB Kingston HyperX 1066MHz DDR2 memory (2x 2GB modules)
•16x DVD / 48x CD optical drive (reader, not a writer)
•50GB OCZ Technology Agility 2 2.5" SATA solid state drive (for operating system / applications)
•640GB Hitachi 3.5" SATA hard drive (for file storage)
•400W Antec NEO ECO 80-Plus energy efficient power supply
•Acousti Products AcoustiCase 340 quiet computer case (acoustically insulated, 2x 120mm quiet Noctua case fans, vibration absorbing feet / fan mounts, etc)

Legitimate license for Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit installed and updated. Will provide install key on paper and disc to re-install operating system. The license of Windows was part of a multi-pack so I can not give the original disk, but it will be re-installable and officially recognized by Microsoft.

The system is setup so that the 50GB SSD runs the operating system and the core applications. The 640GB hard drive is then used for storing files (movies, music, etc). 16x DVD onboard, as well as multiple USB 2.0 ports for getting files / programs on to the system. Gigabit ethernet port for Internet access.

The quad core processor can handle any tasks, and the combo of 3x ultra quiet, ultra high performance Noctua fans keep it nearly silent. The system features 4GB of super fast 1066MHz DDR2 memory with very tight timings / latencies.

The system is OK for casual gaming with the included video card. If you went out and spent maybe $100+ on a higher end graphics card you would have a true powerhouse that could handle any game on high settings. You can play games as is if you don't want all the settings on high - and any kids games will run just fine. Mainly I was using this as a media center PC and it can push 1080p video and audio over the HDMI connection without a problem.

Includes what is shown plus an HDMI cable, power cable, and a few accessories that came with the motherboard and case. No monitor, no keyboard/mouse, or anything else not shown.

All of the internal surfaces of the case are professionally covered in acoustical dampening foam to kill noise. The unused drive bays are also filled with foam blocks to do the same. The system is super quiet, but stays cool thanks to the three Noctua fans moving the air (plus the fan on the nearly silent Antec PSU).

Please contact for more information, additional pictures, or screenshots from within Windows! I'll gladly provide them.

For sale: $200 + shipping. Would trade if something caught my eye.

Free pickup available - instead of paying shipping - if you can get to the Morris/Essex area of NJ.

My Heatware trader references are under Doctor Feelgood (user 1180)

External:

Image Image Image

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:23 pm

Internal:

Image Image Image

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:23 pm

Tech Bits:

Image Image Image

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:55 pm

I can't seem to edit my initial post - but wanted to confirm that this is sold. Thanks.