Comcast channel renumbering + Zap2it update

FollowtheHerd

HTPC Specs: Show details

Comcast channel renumbering + Zap2it update

Post by FollowtheHerd » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:27 pm

How long does it generally take Zap2it to update the guide after Comcast's entire lineup (zip code 25504) was renumbered?

On 10-15-13, Comcast renumbered my channel lineup and I used Zap2it contact us page. The Zap2it site still list the old channel lineup and therefore my WMC guide is incorrect.
I have rerun setup in WMC and Ceton diagnostics shows everything is ok but I can not tune any of the new channels or the old channel lineup. The only channels that will tune is if a new channel number happens to be the same number of a old lineup channel and I can watch the new channel.
Thanks
Tim

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:31 pm

When you say that you reran "setup", are you saying that you ran through the "TV setup" wizard in the settings menu (meaning that it did a new channel scan)?

FollowtheHerd

Post by FollowtheHerd » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:39 pm

Yes, TV setup

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:51 pm

It's possible that your CableCARD doesn't have an updated channel list. You can try unplugging and re-plugging the CableCARD, or call your cable company to have them send a signal to update the channel list in your card. After a new channel list is loaded in the card, re-run TV setup. This won't fix your guide issues (you already reported the problem to Zap2it, so you'll just have to wait for them to fix the guide), but it should display the new channels (with none/incorrect guide info).

jaimeknapp

Post by jaimeknapp » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:04 pm

We just went through this in San Antonio & TWC.

Have you gone to Zap2it and changed your area to see if there is a new, revised channel lineup list? A separate revised list existed for our location which corresponded to the channel changes. Yesterday, in WMC Tuner Setup, that same revised list appeared by a slightly different name, but as of this morning, it fully aligns with the new lineup.

FollowtheHerd

Post by FollowtheHerd » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:03 am

Unplugging cablecard resulted in no change. I had previously called Comcast and the rep deleted my cablecard info and repopulated the fields. That did not update my channel list. Do you think calling Comcast again for an update of the channel list would help?

I was able to use the Guide Tool to manually renumber the channels and can now watch TV and manually record. The Guide Tool is in a thread titled Channel line up change. http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... git#p36377

Thanks for all the help.

FollowtheHerd

Post by FollowtheHerd » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Zap2it updated this morning and everything is back to normal.