Videos not listed

ADX

HTPC Specs: Show details

Videos not listed

Post by ADX » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:04 pm

Hi there everyone.

I have a very odd issue I hope someone could answer.

Out of the blue my WMC has stopped displaying all movies/videos. I have tried removing the shared folders and then re adding them once more. Although it says that it has found over 1,000 videos they still do not display in either the movie or video, in fact them do not appear anywhere.

My system is a single intel quad core 2.34Ghz
8 Gb RAM
1TB system drive with windows 7 64bit Enterprise edition. This has over 300gb free.
4TB media drive.

I have two media extenders 1x Xbox360 and the other is a linksys DMA 2200. These although connect to the mediacenter they do not display the content.

Many that's.

blueiedgod

Post by blueiedgod » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:31 pm

Do they show up in Windows Media Player?

I have seen cases where WMP would freeze or crash in the background. WMC uses WMP library. Sometimes you can stop wmplayer32 service in the task manager, and then restart it by opening WMP.

Or reboot.

mjktg99

Post by mjktg99 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:39 pm

blueiedgod wrote:Do they show up in Windows Media Player?

I have seen cases where WMP would freeze or crash in the background. WMC uses WMP library. Sometimes you can stop wmplayer32 service in the task manager, and then restart it by opening WMP.

Or reboot.

If you are not seeing them in Media Player, you can reset the library in WMP. Tools > Advanced > Restore Media Library. That will force WMP to delete the cache of your library and search for it all over again. If you have a large library, it could take some time.

ADX

Post by ADX » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:04 am

blueiedgod wrote:Do they show up in Windows Media Player?

Or reboot.
Hi there many thanks for the tip. But I took the painful decision to rebuild my server after testing with VMware.... After the rebuild everything fell back in to place and I have made a back-up (just in case).