Can't add/remove to Library

MMoser

HTPC Specs: Show details

Can't add/remove to Library

Post by MMoser » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:30 pm

Hello everyone,

I am having issues using a existing path that WMC was accessing, and now even though it is in the library list it does not load from the directory. I went to try and remove the path and start over, and I only have the option to add.

This applies to both Video and Music, however the Movies library is accessing the same drive I have the Video/Music media on.

Troubleshooting attempts:
-Ran SFC /scan now -just reset settings the previous folders are still showing up in the list but not loading, SFC log did say there were files it could not repair
-Deleted DB files in \Program Data\Microsoft\ehome\ -reboot, no change
-Removed both WMC/WMP from Programs & Features, rebooted and reinstalled -no change
-Normal scan disk -no change
-added a new share from a different drive to Video, which works, but I can not remove it from the library either
-changed the name of the original directory, added it to the library -still won't load from this drive although Movies do
-verified that the files played on the drive -no issues
-tried system restore -no help

I don't know how to make WMC load this folder, and I can't seem to successfully clear the database. I also read that WMP/WMC share the database, and WMP is not letting me add anything.

Has anyone had this happen to them? Thanks in advance for anyone's suggestions!

leroys1000

Post by leroys1000 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:15 pm

Try a google search for reset windows media player database for your version of media player.
It usually requires that you delete the media player database folder,then start media player
and allow it to reindex.
Can take a while.
Sounds like you have a corrupted media player database file.

MMoser

Post by MMoser » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:54 pm

Thanks for the reply leroys1000,
I tried that too, no joy.

I was about to start prepping for reformatting and starting over, and then I solved the problem with a workaround...

I created a new user account, and that creates all new database files for that user. Problem solved, and very easy!!