TV archiving service error

pedeb

HTPC Specs: Show details

TV archiving service error

Post by pedeb » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:19 am

I have WHS 2003 with Service Pack 2 and two Windows 7 computers (Desktop & HTPC)

The TV archiving service works on the Desktop but not on the HTPC.

When I try to run the TV archiving from WMC on the HTPC, I get the message the TV archiving service needs to be started.
When I go into the services program to Start the service it tries to start then stops.

In Event Viewer there is an error, the arxfrsvc service cannot be started. System.Security.SecurityException: Admin has disabled 3rd party app control in Media Center.

Not sure what that is all about.

Why does it work on Desktop and not HTPC?

I have tried uninstalling WHS connector & deleting HTPC from server, then reinstalling.....same problem.
I thought for some strange reason maybe it only with one client PC, so I uninstalled WHS connector from Desktop......same problem.

I have seen in another article WHS 2011, had a problem with an update issue where the PC had to have the WHS connector installed prior to the latest update.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2758353

Not sure if a similar problem exists with WHS 2003.

Any suggestions?

.Nico

Post by .Nico » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:38 am

Can you start the service under an Administrator account?

pedeb

Post by pedeb » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:24 am

No, ran service as Administrator but same issue.

pedeb

Post by pedeb » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:42 pm

This is the full description of the error in Event Viewer when I try to start the TV archiving service from the services program.

Service cannot be started. System.Security.SecurityException: Admin has disabled 3rd party app control in Media
Center at Microsoft.MediaCenter.TV.Scheduling.Internal.SchedulingHelper.SecurityCheck() at
Microsoft.MediaCenter.TV.Scheduling.EventSchedule..ctor() at
Microsoft.HomeServer.Archive.TransferService.ScheduleMonitor.Start() at
Microsoft.HomeServer.Archive.TransferService.Service.OnStart(String[] args) at
System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state) The Zone of the assembly that failed
was: MyComputer

I have also noticed that this error appears in Event Viewer when I do a reboot, it tries to run arxfrsvc on startup but fails.