Wish List For Android Platform

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
barnabas1969

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Oh... I thought of another feature I would like.... teleportation to anywhere in the world.

rdb4133

Post by rdb4133 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:14 pm

Plex & XBMC! :)

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:45 pm

Sammy2 wrote:I played the clip on my PC and can see the interlacing artifacts if I look closely and specifically for them. I can also see when it is switching back and forth (sort of) as I detect a "flash". What program did you use to generate that screen shot with the associated metadata? Mediainfo shows this clip as progressive BTW.
It's called DGIndex. You can get it from here (I used the "Download from our site (direct link)" option). It's actually very easy to figure out, and what's really nice is you can set it up so that you can step through frame-by-frame and compare what's displayed in the video window with what's displayed in the Information window.

You may notice that the screenshots I posted are zoomed in quite a bit. I did this intentionally to make the artifacts blatantly obvious. When it's not zoomed in so far, I can still see the artifacts if I look closely, but most of the time I don't notice the artifacts for 1080i material. As the content resolution decreases, the artifacts become more noticeable. On 480i/p material, it's extremely noticeable (and quite annoying), especially with high-motion frames.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:12 pm

I guess nobody sees the point of my "wish list" items. My point is that this thread is as pointless as asking for teleportation and tomorrow's winning lottery numbers. All of the things that are being requested here have been requested before. I don't remember if the "wish list" items were posted on this site, or on the now-defunct Ceton Tracker.

th3Pil0t

Post by th3Pil0t » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:07 pm

barnabas1969 wrote:I guess nobody sees the point of my "wish list" items. My point is that this thread is as pointless as asking for teleportation and tomorrow's winning lottery numbers. All of the things that are being requested here have been requested before. I don't remember if the "wish list" items were posted on this site, or on the now-defunct Ceton Tracker.
I bet you are one of those people that kicks over other peoples sand castles...

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:10 pm

th3Pil0t wrote:
barnabas1969 wrote:I guess nobody sees the point of my "wish list" items. My point is that this thread is as pointless as asking for teleportation and tomorrow's winning lottery numbers. All of the things that are being requested here have been requested before. I don't remember if the "wish list" items were posted on this site, or on the now-defunct Ceton Tracker.
LOL!

At any rate I think that ceton is looking at this thread and will incorporate what they can, remembering that what works on your phone may not work on the echo. For one thing a lot of apps may be written for portrait on a phone but the echo displays on your TV in "landscape" so to speak.

I thought that your "wish list" posts were quite humorous though. I'd like to travel back in time and fix some things.. But that ain't gonna happen and even if it did whatever got "fixed" would most certainly result in unforeseen things happening..

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:15 pm

th3Pil0t wrote:
Only when nobody is looking.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Sammy2 wrote:I thought that your "wish list" posts were quite humorous though. I'd like to travel back in time and fix some things.. But that ain't gonna happen and even if it did whatever got "fixed" would most certainly result in unforeseen things happening..
I didn't ask for time travel, just teleportation. I'd like to press a button and be instantly transported to anywhere in the world... instead of sitting on airplanes and in airports for a whole day in order to travel to/from another continent. Kinda like the transporter on the star ship Enterprise. And, of course, who wouldn't want tomorrow's winning lottery numbers?

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:39 pm

barnabas1969 wrote:
Sammy2 wrote:I thought that your "wish list" posts were quite humorous though. I'd like to travel back in time and fix some things.. But that ain't gonna happen and even if it did whatever got "fixed" would most certainly result in unforeseen things happening..
I didn't ask for time travel, just teleportation. I'd like to press a button and be instantly transported to anywhere in the world... instead of sitting on airplanes and in airports for a whole day in order to travel to/from another continent. Kinda like the transporter on the star ship Enterprise. And, of course, who wouldn't want tomorrow's winning lottery numbers?
Well time travel will give you those.. How about being able to change your location in the time-space continuum and do both.. Come ceton you can pull this off!!

Seriously though, I want playback of all my library including dts and all HD Audio formats in my second generation extender and I really don't care how it gets done so long as it does.

ajhieb

Post by ajhieb » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Transmogrifier FTW.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:47 pm

ajhieb wrote:Transmogrifier FTW.
Sure, then I wouldn't need the lottery numbers. I could just turn the sand on the beach (after kicking down some sand castles) into gold bullion. And then, for travel to other continents, I could turn myself into a super-sonic jet.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:54 pm

barnabas1969 wrote:Sure, then I wouldn't need the lottery numbers. I could just turn the sand on the beach (after kicking down some sand castles) into gold bullion.
It's easier to deal with the IRS if you just win the lottery.

ajhieb

Post by ajhieb » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:10 pm

foxwood wrote:
barnabas1969 wrote:Sure, then I wouldn't need the lottery numbers. I could just turn the sand on the beach (after kicking down some sand castles) into gold bullion.
It's easier to deal with the IRS if you just win the lottery.
You're not thinking "big picture"

You transnogrify the IRS into gold bullion. That'll make you Scrooge McDuck swimmin in the money bin rich.