Recorded TV not showing recordings

dishwater63

HTPC Specs: Show details

Recorded TV not showing recordings

Post by dishwater63 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:00 pm

Hey guys, new to the forums (obviously), but also new to WMC. I just got it up and running about 4 days ago, so this is all still really fresh to me.

I recorded my first show last night as a test, but when I went to go watch it, it wasn't in the "Recorded TV" section of WMC. However, when I check to see if the file is in the Recorded TV folder, it's there.

I'm sure I messed something up in the settings, but any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:21 pm

If you're using the default settings, everything should show up automatically, but the recording location can be changed under Tasks > Settings >TV > Recorder > Recorder Storage. (You get to select the Drive to use, not a specific folder)

If you change that, I can't recall if that new location is automatically added to the locations that the Recorded TV gallery displays. Make sure that the folder where the TV file was created is listed under Settings > TV > Recorder > Media Libraries

dishwater63

Post by dishwater63 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:31 pm

Thanks for the response, however I've checked those settings and everything is right. When I go to Settings > TV > Recorder > Media Libraries, it has the correct media libraries selected. Also, as stated in the original post, Media Center did actually record the show, I can see the file in the folder on the computer, but when I go to Recorded TV in Media Center it says that "...there is no content in those libraries"

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:13 pm

If you double-click on the WTV file that you recorded, does it actually play in WMC?

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:59 pm

In the Recorded TV screen in WMC, look at the top of the screen and make sure you are looking at the local library ("date recorded", "title", or "original air date") and not "shared".

dishwater63

Post by dishwater63 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:56 am

Holy crap Richard, I'm an idiot. Typical bonehead mistake.

It was on "shared".

Thanks a bunch everybody!