Random restarts & no audio sometimes

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
servingsize

HTPC Specs: Show details

Random restarts & no audio sometimes

Post by servingsize » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:08 am

Here is my setup

Intel i5/ASUS P8 board
Ceton PCI with back up USB Tuner
16 TB Raid Recording drive
24 TB iscsi Storage
2x Cable cards 1 is backup
Echo in the living room
Cisco SG300-10 gigabit switch

On the tv thats hooked up to the computer everything works great minus a rare issue with the tuning adapter on a few channels (Happens maybe once a month where I need to reset the tuning adapter). On the Echo I'm running the latest firmware, have beta channel enabled but still 2013.304.1657 firmware. Nothing has showed up to download the 320 in the echo website or with the plugin.

When I tune a channel there will be no audio video is perfect. I tune another channel then go back and the audio is working. Same thing with recordings start one no audio then stop restart I have audio. The echo is connect straight to the TV no receiver. I did try changing to optical and connecting the receiver with no joy. Sometimes it will randomly just restart while watching

I ran a fluke analyzer on the network cables everything checks out, Tried VLANing and adding an enterprise grade network card to the computer to separate data. Changed to the USB tuner, changed cable cards still no joy.

I realize I'm way over killing testing this but still cant figure out what the issue is and its driving me nuts. I sent a ticket with logs into ceton after testing to make sure it wasn't any of my hardware/network. Really don't want to re-install my MCE since my cable provider flags every channel I will lose all of my recordings.

Anyone here have any ideas?

nick

Post by nick » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:47 am

I've had the no audio in several builds.

Sometimes the audio will come back if you stop live TV then play again. Other times tune from copy-protected channel to a non-protected one and back.

Ceton hasn't had an update in over 4 months so I think we just have to keep waiting w/ fingers crossed.

It appears to be an Echo firmware issue. I don't think it has anything to do with your HTPC/network/etc...

shortcut3d

Post by shortcut3d » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:45 am

I also have these issues. I suggest opening a ticket with Ceton. The more log data they collect the faster they can figure out the issue. My tickets have been opened for quiet a while, so more with the same issue should help.

clking

Post by clking » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:16 pm

I did open a ticket with Ceton this week for a similar issue. In my case, I get video but the audio is intermittent. I sent in the diagnostic from my echo and then opened the ticket. I have tried different Echo's with the same monitor with the same results but they work fine with a different TV. They responded with they think it is an HDCP issue, which is what I was assuming as well. My old cable set top and Roku work fine with the same monitor though.

I do love their advice though: "In the meantime, we suggest watching TV on another monitor at this stage."

I hope they can fix this one. I have three Echo's and three of these Panasonic monitors I'd like to use them on.

shortcut3d

Post by shortcut3d » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:28 am

clking wrote:I did open a ticket with Ceton this week for a similar issue. In my case, I get video but the audio is intermittent. I sent in the diagnostic from my echo and then opened the ticket. I have tried different Echo's with the same monitor with the same results but they work fine with a different TV. They responded with they think it is an HDCP issue, which is what I was assuming as well. My old cable set top and Roku work fine with the same monitor though.

I do love their advice though: "In the meantime, we suggest watching TV on another monitor at this stage."

I hope they can fix this one. I have three Echo's and three of these Panasonic monitors I'd like to use them on.
I was setup to restore my Echo to the previous firmware, but now both Echos are experiencing the same issues. I'm convinced this has to do with the Echo network stack.