Media Browser 3 Classic with WMC

Airbander

HTPC Specs: Show details

Media Browser 3 Classic with WMC

Post by Airbander » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:41 pm

Hello Guys

I know most of you guys have been using Media Browser 2.X or 2.6.0 however Media Browser team has change the games of Video origination so for Lovers of Media Center
Media Browser Dev team create a special app ( Media Browser 3 Classic ) so with lunch of new Media Browser 3 as total Server/Client platform they completely changed how people can view their media. But For Media Center lovers and people who love PVR option of recoding TV from cable they made this ad-dons.

However Media Browser 3 is has so many new features and add-ons

- Media Browser Classic (wmc)
- Media Browser Theater (new htpc client)
- Android
- iOS
- Roku
- Win Phone
- Win RT
- Web client (built into server)
- Media Portal 1/2
- Actor Bio info and images
- Media Browser3 in Car
- Media Browser 3 Kinect Voice control and Motion sensor
- Photo support for family pictures
and much more

If you guys like i can make How to and add screenshots and video too
here are youtube video if you guys to look at

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LREI4Ursuw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVGSRpfGt3o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFun_rHf-rY

trooper11

Post by trooper11 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:28 pm

I've been a part of the beta process of there and I can tell you that the dev team is doing some amazing work. Anyone that is an avid htpc enthusiast needs to check out their work. Anyone that already uses MB within MC as I have should checking out their progress as well.

They have a created a very flexible and extensible system for the future that isn't held back by the framework of MC. One that can be expanded in many ways thanks to a robust app store for 3rd parties.

As was mentioned above, they are targeting a wide range of devices to support. I have been using the Win RT app on my Surface along with the WP8 app on my phone during the beta and they are shaping up to be great. Windows 7/8 support is looking great for those of us using an htpc. Odds are, whatever device you want to access your media, there will be a MB3 app or web access for it.

I hope everyone here checks out the work they are doing. I think its going to be special once its all out in the wild.

The latest on the beta process: http://community.mediabrowser.tv/
Main page for release: http://www.mediabrowser3.com/

itznfb

Post by itznfb » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:52 pm

I wasn't able to get MB3 working. I have Plex Media Server on my server and Plex Home Theater on my HTPC which plays every file I have. Most of which is mp4 or mkv x264, AVC or VC-1. Every file I tried to play with MB3 Classic said something about the video not being compatible. They all loaded fine in the Media Browser Server interface. To my knowledge Media Browser Theater is not available?

Airbander

Post by Airbander » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:42 pm

Hello when you added the files from Media Browser 3 dashboard did you use UNC Path or you just add the hard drive ?
Try this and let me know pls if worked for you
http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permal ... -1---tools

also wait library to complete scanning folders

Hope this help

wally007

Post by wally007 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:19 pm

Looking at the youtube videos, I'm impressed by the features but interface slowness and overall lag to user input puts me off.
Plex even on iPad1 is much faster than that. UI for WMC client is weird as well. Not WMC like at all....

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:07 pm

not sure what youtube vid you are referring to but i can say in real life i am impressed by the speed of the MB Classic UI. Its much better than it used to be, much better than an install of xbmc i am trialling and equally impressive in the html browser. it literally is instant to list 600 movies and groups with full artwork and maybe half a second to bring up a movies details. i'm really looking forward to the iOS apps because the progress in such a short time has been amazing so far

wally007

Post by wally007 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:22 pm

I was referring to the video showing iPad version. It seems to be trailing user input a lot.
WMC client UI I only checked screenshots. It seems there's a lot of Plex Server-like solutions in the wings.
Right now Plex has an advantage that their transcoder has been tested and improved for over 2 years now, but down the road competition is good for us, end users :-)
bobbob wrote:not sure what youtube vid you are referring to but i can say in real life i am impressed by the speed of the MB Classic UI. Its much better than it used to be, much better than an install of xbmc i am trialling and equally impressive in the html browser. it literally is instant to list 600 movies and groups with full artwork and maybe half a second to bring up a movies details. i'm really looking forward to the iOS apps because the progress in such a short time has been amazing so far

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:11 pm

ok, i haven't seen that yet. i still find performance of the web ui in chrome on the ipad acceptable even remotely, hopefully the video is an early version of the server and they've made some speed improvements since then. but definitely agreed the competition is nice. clients too, i see they are looking for a MB3 raspberry pi developer, now that could be interesting!

Airbander

Post by Airbander » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:40 am

hello @wally007

Things changed that main video of MB3 is 6 months old please note they changed the games and in real life speed media browser 3 is the fastest then any Media server system out there
also they added support for so so many devices and tablets so the sky is limts , please vist media browser fourms for Free support and you will find friendly guys who will walk you throw the whole process http://community.mediabrowser.tv/
feel free to ask me i can help you too if you like here

Thanks

Airbander

Post by Airbander » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:43 am

bobbob wrote:ok, i haven't seen that yet. i still find performance of the web ui in chrome on the ipad acceptable even remotely, hopefully the video is an early version of the server and they've made some speed improvements since then. but definitely agreed the competition is nice. clients too, i see they are looking for a MB3 raspberry pi developer, now that could be interesting!
Yes they are looking for new developers who can help building new plugins and apps and they welcome everyone , if you need help with setup please ask and i will personaly help you or vist the http://community.mediabrowser.tv/ and you will have so many cool guys to help you with any issues you have

Thanks

wally007

Post by wally007 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:46 am

Thanks for the offer but at the moment I'm happy with WMC for Live TV and Plex for recordings, movies and other stuff...
If i ever change, I will want to merge Live TV with great Plex/MediaBrowser3-like solution. Too bad MediaBrowser3 does not have its own native Live TV ( at least from what I can tell )

Btw, can you post some current screenshots from iOS, MB3 Theater or MC3 Classic in the thread ?
Airbander wrote:hello @wally007

Things changed that main video of MB3 is 6 months old please note they changed the games and in real life speed media browser 3 is the fastest then any Media server system out there
also they added support for so so many devices and tablets so the sky is limts , please vist media browser fourms for Free support and you will find friendly guys who will walk you throw the whole process http://community.mediabrowser.tv/
feel free to ask me i can help you too if you like here

Thanks

Airbander

Post by Airbander » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:50 am

hello @wally007

Not able to post image for some reason including youtube video it all becomes a link insted of screenshot

Rishicash

Post by Rishicash » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:04 pm

I've been using Recorded TV HD and it worked fine until upgrading to W8. Their tech support hasn't been able to resolve the issue. Is MB a good alternative to RTVHD? A "must have" and was the main reason I got RTVHD was the ability to create custom Favorites folder (Racing, Series, Sports, Music, etc.) and I can't determine whether or not MB has it.

Logos302

Post by Logos302 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:57 pm

MB has Favorites

Rishicash

Post by Rishicash » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:04 pm

I saw that, but does it have the capability to create customizable folders within it or do programs just get dumped into one place and have to be sorted alphabetically?

Airbander

Post by Airbander » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:52 am

Hi

so here is an update now media browser actually does more so for Rishicash dump your media files in one folder and media browser 3 will create it and fix it for you
xbmc users no need to worry mb3 will autmataically create mb3 data so your collections in xbmc and plex wont be effected and much much more

Airbander

Post by Airbander » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:53 am

Hi

The new Roku client is out
IOS 7 app is out at beta now and andriod app is out also
Mb3 is working on Linux and MAC applications for both server and clients

Airbander

Post by Airbander » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:55 am

Hi

Finally Media browser Theater is going to be release soon please see the screenshots

Hope you guys like

Thanks

Rishicash

Post by Rishicash » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:07 pm

@Airbender - I'm not clear on your reply "...dump your media files in one folder and media browser 3 will create it and fix it for you." What does "create it" and "fix it" mean? Can you be more specific?

I don't want just a Favorites Folder where recorded programming is just dumped where I have to sort through everything. What I need is a Favorites Folders within which I can create any subfolders I wish like Racing/TV Series/Sports/Movies, etc.

werds

Post by werds » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:27 pm

Rishicash wrote:@Airbender - I'm not clear on your reply "...dump your media files in one folder and media browser 3 will create it and fix it for you." What does "create it" and "fix it" mean? Can you be more specific?

I don't want just a Favorites Folder where recorded programming is just dumped where I have to sort through everything. What I need is a Favorites Folders within which I can create any subfolders I wish like Racing/TV Series/Sports/Movies, etc.
Yea, this is one of the reasons I have not tried out v3, because v2 is still stable and works and I KNOW that in that version I can set it up with subfolders like you are talking about. I have been lurking waiting to see if someone would clarify if v3 works in similar fashion.