Question about Copy Protection

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
ToddD

HTPC Specs: Show details

Question about Copy Protection

Post by ToddD » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:25 pm

I built a new Media Center over the weekend (Intel NUC) and for the most part it's great. I have found one thing that drives me nuts though. If I turn off the TV (MC is attached directly to TV) while tuned to a Copy Protected Channel, I have a pixelated grey background picture when you turn the TV back on . I have determined this to be a HDMI Handshake issue. If you leave the Media Center on a free channel or one tuned by my OTA tuners this does not happen. If you stop MC and restart it, everything's fine. If you play a recorded show, it will work fine even if that show is Copy Protected. So this only happens on Live TV from the infiniTV tuner. Other than tuning Live TV to a OTA channel every time before turning off the TV, does anyone have any ideas how to deal with this?

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:42 pm

I had that *exact* issue when I very first set up my 7MC a little over two years ago.

And it vanished all by itself, fairly quickly, never to return.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:34 am

I avoid the handshake issue by just stopping live tv and it drops back to the guide. If you had an extender connected via HDMI and shut of the tv set, you'd run a good chance that the extender would crash---at least that's been my experience with Linksys DMA, HP 280n and Echo extenders. Have never used an xbox so don't know about those. By stopping playback, it also releases the tuner.