XBOX HBO/Cinemax Playback Issues

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
nikewear19

HTPC Specs: Show details

XBOX HBO/Cinemax Playback Issues

Post by nikewear19 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:44 pm

This issue I'm having is intermittently when trying to tune to HBO and or Cinemax on my XBOX extender the TV goes pitch black. It will also happen intermittently when I try to play a recording from any of the aforementioned channels.I have to turn the XBOX off and then back on as it's frozen. I have called Verizon and they "reloaded my cable card". I've reset the XBOX to factory defaults. I've uninstalled and re-installed the extender (as well as deleted the profile from the HTPC). I am looking for any and all suggestions as this is really getting under my skin.

Thanks everyone!

Mike

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:48 am

Start by using a different HDMI port on the TV and a different HDMI cable.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

nikewear19

Post by nikewear19 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:15 pm

I tried that and it was unsuccessful. Any other suggestions?

Haba

Post by Haba » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:29 am

nikewear19 wrote:I tried that and it was unsuccessful. Any other suggestions?
Does you HTPC have any issues with HBO or recorded HBO playback? Do you have a wired connection? Are you using on board Intel graphics on your HTPC?

Shackleford

Post by Shackleford » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:20 pm

Do you have another TV to test the Xbox on?

nikewear19

Post by nikewear19 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:21 pm

Thanks for the responses everyone!

Haba - I do have the same issues with HBO/Cinemax recordings. I have a wired connection and am using Intel graphics onboard on my HTPC.

So, after having Verizon come out and replace the cable card (which didn't fix it) I finally found a workaround to the issue... When my screen goes black after tuning to one of the aforementioned channels/recordings I have to switch inputs to another HDMI input and then back to the original and it will work. Sometimes I have to do this twice to get the audio and video back. I've tried swapping out the HDMI cables (v1.3 and v1.4) and it didn't fix the issue. My guess at this point is that something HBO and Cinemax have done to their broadcast that causes the TV to get confused and lose sync with the broadcacst signal.