13.5.6.135 Beta Firmware for InfiniTV 4

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
JohnW248

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by JohnW248 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:14 am

dmccall wrote:I'm not seeing any options about EAS in my Ceton Diagnostics application.

The alert handling is very annoying. In most cases the alerts are causing the screen to go black. On the PC I can go to the Home screen and restart Live TV, however the blue alert never dies. On an extender, the alert crashes the device. This was not a problem 2 years ago.
It's not in the diagnostic untility (at least not yet, maybe they'll do that later). You have to open your web gui (192.168.200.1 for the PCIe4 & 6 Ihink and 192.168.180.1 for the USB tuner) and then go to the cableCARD tab there, scroll down and it should be at the very bottom on the screen. I have the button but so far it doesn't seem to be working. [13.5.6.132]

lopezi

Post by lopezi » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:28 pm

lopezi wrote:
erkotz wrote: We are rolling out the firmware in a staggered fashion and it is not being offered to all units initially.
It's been a little while and was just wondering if there is any more info. on when the firmware will be offered to more units?

Bump to see if there is any more news on this firmware being made available....

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:37 pm

lopezi wrote:
lopezi wrote:
erkotz wrote: We are rolling out the firmware in a staggered fashion and it is not being offered to all units initially.
It's been a little while and was just wondering if there is any more info. on when the firmware will be offered to more units?

Bump to see if there is any more news on this firmware being made available....
No - this release will never be released beyond the current beta. It's been superseeded by other releases which contain additional improvements. Our current beta-candidate has one bug I'm trying to chase down - once that is resolved, I hope to have a public beta of the new version.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

Tester

Post by Tester » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:26 pm

erkotz, what is the status of your last statement ?

I am still on this beta, do not like it much, and would like to either move on to newer release or simply roll back to something better.

What are my options ?

Tester

Post by Tester » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:30 pm

Tester wrote:erkotz, what is the status of your last statement ?

I am still on this beta, do not like it much, and would like to either move on to newer release or simply roll back to something better.

What are my options ?
Nevermind, I contacted Ceton directly and got response within the hour with new firmware and hardware files.

soapdishbandit

Post by soapdishbandit » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:10 pm

Tester wrote:
Tester wrote:erkotz, what is the status of your last statement ?

What are my options ?
Nevermind, I contacted Ceton directly and got response within the hour with new firmware and hardware files.

How can I get this? When I tried to install the 13.5.6.135 beta, it won't let me. Is this a newer firmware? Thanks!

Tester

Post by Tester » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:28 pm

soap.. I used the Ceton Diagnostics tool to generate a ticket and followed through.
I got a response within 24hrs with links to new files.
I cannot say that the provided files are the greatest, but certainly better than what I had, more stability... Although it does still take a while to find the tuner when waking from sleep.

Driver pack 13.6.3.1088
Diag tool 13.6.3.1088
PCIe Driver 1.0.2.4
Firmware 1.2.26
Hardware 5289