This Just In! InfiniTV6 ETH Released!

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
foxwood

HTPC Specs: Show details

This Just In! InfiniTV6 ETH Released!

Post by foxwood » Mon May 13, 2013 4:56 pm

Amazon URL with TGB Affiliate Link (See post #19 below for details)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6815706004

http://cetoncorp.com/products/infinitv-6-ethernet/ - $299 (MSRP)
InfiniTV 6 ETH is the world's most advanced network tuner for cable TV on the PC and a must-have accessory for Windows Media Center. It connects to your home network and lets you watch and record up to six live channels of HDTV on PCs throughout your home! Don't settle for only being able to record two or three shows at once. Restore family harmony and never argue again over whose show should be recorded! InfiniTV 6 ETH works with Windows Media Center to turn virtually any style of PC into the ultimate cable box and DVR! It supports all cable TV channels, including premium channels like HBO®, Showtime® and Starz®. When your PC is paired with a Ceton Echo media center extender or Xbox® 360, you can also watch TV and DVR on any TV set. Replace all your cable boxes and DVRs -- and get rid of those expensive monthly fees -- and enjoy your favorite shows in any room, all from a single cable connection and using a single CableCARD™. With a Ceton InfiniTV your PC becomes that nirvana entertainment box you've always wanted. Have all your media -- TV, DVR, music, photos, videos and Internet media services -- available from one awesome device.
Six Live HD Channels At Once Watch and/or record six live channels of standard-definition or high-definition TV simultaneously, including all your favorite premium and encrypted cable channels.

Whole-Home Entertainment
When used with media center extenders like the Ceton Echo or Xbox 360™, a Ceton InfiniTV turns your Media Center PC into a whole-home entertainment device. Enjoy live TV and all your DVR recordings on any TV set.

Share Across Multiple PCs
Since InfiniTV 6 ETH connects directly to your network, you can easily share its tuners with more than one PC*

Works with any U.S. cable provider
InfiniTV 6 ETH supports CableCARD and connects to any U.S. cable system to receive all SD and HD digital cable channels without needing a set-top box.

Supports Switched Digital Video
As cable providers move to Switched Digital Video (SDV) technology, rest assured that your Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH supports SDV Tuning Adapters just fine.

Save Tons of Money
When using InfiniTV on your PC you can save hundreds of dollars a year by avoiding monthly cable box lease and DVR fees.

Technical Specifications:
•Six QAM 64/256 tuners
•CableCARD M-Card DRM Processor
•Open Cable Unidirectional Receiver Specification - OC-SP-OCUR-I10-100910
•Digital Receiver Interface Specification - OC-SP-DRI-I04-100910
•CableCARD Copy Protection 2.0 Specification - OC-SP-CCCP2.0-I10-090904
•CableCARD Interface 2.0 Specification - OC-SP-CCIF2.0-I22-100910
•Digital Cable Network Interface Standard - ANSI/SCTE 40 2011

* Note: assigning tuners between different PCs is a supported feature while dynamic tuner pooling between multiple PCs is currently a beta feature.
infiniTV 6 ETH Setup/Walkthrough
fMQUV0EMg1o
Last edited by foxwood on Mon May 13, 2013 6:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.

werds

Post by werds » Mon May 13, 2013 5:02 pm

I'm a little salty that I JUST bought an Infintv4 last month ( a second one).... ANNOYED! :evil: Of course now I have no idea whether I want to purchase the PCI-E version or the Networked version... I guess I may have to wait for second wave of adopters... as I am curious as to how flaky the dynamic tuner pooling is or is not...

crash23

Post by crash23 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:09 pm

Yeah, I waited and waited for this, then finally decided to buy a Prime about 2 weeks ago to add to my PCIe InfiniTV4. Would have bought this instead to replace the TV4, but oh well.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Mon May 13, 2013 5:11 pm

I already have 2 infiniTV 4's.. 8 Tuners is perfect for my house. Glad to see the 6 tuner model finally make it to retail though.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:19 pm

So it looks like I could sell both of my HD HomeRun PRIMEs for about $100 each on e-bay. So the InfiniTV6 would cost me a net of about $100. It would save me $3/month after returning the 2nd CableCARD plus about $1.50/month in electricity (one less tuner and one less Tuning Adapter). So, the payback would be 23 months. Hmmmm... I'll wait to see what other people say about their experience with the InfiniTV6 after they've been out for 6 months or so. I'd hate to lose the trouble-free performance of my HDHRP's.
Last edited by barnabas1969 on Mon May 13, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

werds

Post by werds » Mon May 13, 2013 5:19 pm

newfiend wrote:I already have 2 infiniTV 4's.. 8 Tuners is perfect for my house. Glad to see the 6 tuner model finally make it to retail though.

Honestly if I could get away with it I would sell both of my Infintv4's right now and purchase a single InfiniTV6. Because 6 is actually the amount of CC tuners I NEED in my house, and it would drop that extraneous $9.95 additional outlet fee Comcast hits me with for having the second cable card...

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:21 pm

werds wrote:
newfiend wrote:I already have 2 infiniTV 4's.. 8 Tuners is perfect for my house. Glad to see the 6 tuner model finally make it to retail though.

Honestly if I could get away with it I would sell both of my Infintv4's right now and purchase a single InfiniTV6. Because 6 is actually the amount of CC tuners I NEED in my house, and it would drop that extraneous $9.95 additional outlet fee Comcast hits me with for having the second cable card...
If I had to pay an extra $9.95/month on top of the CableCARD rental, I might be more inclined to switch.

shoffert

Post by shoffert » Mon May 13, 2013 5:21 pm

Do tuning adapters handle 6 channels now? It's been a while since I looked into things. My current one only handles 4. So, would the network version need two tuning adapters? I only see one port.

Samurai

Post by Samurai » Mon May 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Is there Tuner pooling with the network attached version?

werds

Post by werds » Mon May 13, 2013 5:27 pm

Samurai wrote:Is there Tuner pooling with the network attached version?
The product page says dynamic tuner pooling is available with beta firmware.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon May 13, 2013 5:28 pm

shoffert wrote:Do tuning adapters handle 6 channels now? It's been a while since I looked into things. My current one only handles 4. So, would the network version need two tuning adapters? I only see one port.
All Cisco Tuning adapters handle 6-tuners (there is no 4-tuner firmware in existence for them). Motorola TA firmware 1.36 (or later) is required to support 6 tuners, however I have been working with cable operators for the last several months to get upgraded firmware deployed in anticipation of the InfiniTV 6 release. Among others, Cox, Time Warner and Brighthouse have all already upgraded to the necessary firmware, along with several smaller operators. I'm sure there are 1 or 2 small operators that we haven't seen yet who are still on the old FW, but I'm confident that I proactively got 99% of operators to update already, so chances are they will work just fine. If yours hasn't and you have an InfiniTV 6, open a support ticket and we will work with your operator.
Tuner Pooling is available in the beta firmware for the InfiniTV 6 ETH. I have been using it at home for about 2 months.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

lucidrenegade

Post by lucidrenegade » Mon May 13, 2013 5:34 pm

What's the maximum number of Ceton tuners I can use with Windows 7 MediaCenter? I currently have an infinitv4 PCIE and was looking to add a 6 ethernet.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon May 13, 2013 5:38 pm

lucidrenegade wrote:What's the maximum number of Ceton tuners I can use with Windows 7 MediaCenter? I currently have an infinitv4 PCIE and was looking to add a 6 ethernet.
Our installer increases the limit to 30 tuners per type, but we only officially support 12. You should be able to run them both together without issue.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

Samurai

Post by Samurai » Mon May 13, 2013 5:41 pm

werds wrote:
The product page says dynamic tuner pooling is available with beta firmware.
Ah, I didn't see that at the very bottom in gray on white... :)

Does with beta firmware mean only beta testers have it or if we buy a tuner we can sign up to use the beta firmware like with the echo?

voltaire10

Post by voltaire10 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:42 pm

Can a tuning adapter be plugged right into the mini usb?

jagrime2

Post by jagrime2 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:44 pm

Whatever happened with the announced 4 tuner Silcondust (HDHR4-CC)? Seems a bit outdated already with a 6 tuner on the table. I use 5 tuners (when utilizing all my extenders and recording a couple programs) so it would be great to have 6-tuners utilizing one cable card.

I will wait and see how the bugs are worked though before dropping my cash but I am interested.

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon May 13, 2013 5:50 pm

Samurai wrote:[
Ah, I didn't see that at the very bottom in gray on white... :)

Does with beta firmware mean only beta testers have it or if we buy a tuner we can sign up to use the beta firmware like with the echo?
Changed it to black text :)

Anyone can sign up for beta software. When you install the PC software it is just a checkbox.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

werds

Post by werds » Mon May 13, 2013 5:58 pm

barnabas1969 wrote:
werds wrote:

If I had to pay an extra $9.95/month on top of the CableCARD rental, I might be more inclined to switch.
Yea, I am extremely inclined to switch due to cost, I just want to wait out a little bit to see what word on the street from daily TGB users are about the Ethernet version... as I have enjoyed how fairly stable the pci-e versions have been for me... but I definitely am eying upgrading to the 6 before the fall holiday season hits... but after my adventures with the Silicon Dust networked tuners not giving me good recordings (and the resulting hit in WAF due to my time spent attempting to trouble shoot), I don't want to take that risk again unnecessarily...

makryger

Post by makryger » Mon May 13, 2013 6:00 pm

Hey folks- I'm going to put on my administrator hat for a moment... As some of you may know, TGB.tv is entirely paid for by the moderators, and advertisement-free. We'd definitely like to keep it this way, so we thought that now would be the perfect time to show your support for TGB.tv. By clicking the link to the Amazon InfiniTV 6 below, you'll be directed through an affiliate link, where 4% of the sale will go to TGB.tv efforts. That means, for every InfiniTV 6 you buy, $12 will go towards keeping TGB.tv alive and chugging. It will cost you nothing extra, and will cost Ceton nothing extra. It's a win/win/win! (Newegg affiliate link pending)

Buy the InfiniTV 6 ETH and support TGB.tv
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Mon May 13, 2013 6:00 pm

Ethernet...what a good idea. :thumbup: