Echo Plays For About An Hour And Then No Audio/NoVideo

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
EverydayDiesel

HTPC Specs: Show details

Echo Plays For About An Hour And Then No Audio/NoVideo

Post by EverydayDiesel » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Hello,

I opened a ticket with ceton but I want to see if anyone else has had this problem that im experiencing. (ticket #XYL-486-22147)

I have had my echo for 3 days now and I planned on buying 3 more. On the first day I plugged it up and everything was working, for about an hour, then no audio/no video and wont respond to any of the keys on the remote (including the power off button). Naturally I unplug everything and try again but cannot get any video or audio out of the echo. TV shows that the hdmi is 'on' and the ceton light in the front is on but no video and no audio. (this was tried on 2 different tvs) I go to check the power settings on the server and set windows 7 power plan to always on. At this point I decide to turn everything off, the server, the switch and the echo and let it set for a minute for a cold boot. After turning everything on I still cant get the echo to boot up. This was all done on the stock firmware 2013.129.1538.

So the next day I decide I am going to completely erase windows 7 64 bit, restore the OS, then download all the latest windows updates and pull the latest drivers from the ceton site. I also go on line and find out that a firmware update may fix certain issues so I upgrade the firmware to the latest stable revision which is 2013.211.1642. I start playing a movie and about 1hr 10min into the film the screen goes black and no audio (ceton light still on). Unplug the echo and wait a few seconds and plug it back in but it wont even boot up to the 'ceton' logo on the screen. I rebooted the server and rest the switch and then tried another tv and I got the same black screen.

Then I waited about 30 minutes and plug the box in and it booted like normal.

All hardware is brand new, server router, echo
Brand new copy of windows 7 64 w SP1 and all latest updates
Latest firmware on echo: stable 2013.211.1642
Box is warm to the touch
Room temperature was 67 degrees

Anyone else had this problem? How did you fix it?

tad

Post by tad » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:49 pm

Mine stopped playing over the weekend (lost all audio/video) (i thought the tv had shut off), but hitting the green button brought the interface back up. That was the first time this has happened to me.

Your problem sounds different, though. The 320 firmware is pretty stable and performs the best of any I've tried yet. You can get it by switching to the "beta" channel in the echo firmware update screen.

EverydayDiesel

Post by EverydayDiesel » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:02 pm

I really like ceton and will revisit them later on in the future when they get stuff sorted out. I bought 3 xboxs over the weekend and they are working flawlessly.