Is Newegg shipping the HDHomeRun Prime 3CC yet?

Ask about SiliconDusts HomeRun tuners here.
TimC

HTPC Specs: Show details

Is Newegg shipping the HDHomeRun Prime 3CC yet?

Post by TimC » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:03 pm

I noticed that HDHomeRun posted on their twitter feed that the 3CC versions of the new Prime tuner were shipping out of Newegg starting yesterday, 8/22. I pre-ordered mine on 5/14 but my order is still in the "On Hold" state.

Has anyone gotten shipment confirmation?

-Tim

TimC

Post by TimC » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:36 pm

Well never mind, it just moved to processing. :roll:

STC

Post by STC » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Exciting times. Let us know how you get on with it / ease of setup / glitches etc.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:13 pm

stonethecrows wrote:Exciting times. Let us know how you get on with it / ease of setup / glitches etc.
I ordered one to tinker with/compare with the Ceton. Mine's supposed to be here Thursday. Missing Remote has a review at http://www.missingremote.com/review/sil ... able-tuner which seems to largely echo what I've seen from the others that have gotten them already though - some network/stability issues, and tuner pooling doesn't seem to work properly.

I'm actually most curious how the quality of TA support is.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:54 pm

Why didn't they get the tuner pooling issue fixed in beta? Oh, wait.......beta? What's that?

I still think dynamic tuner pooling is a terrible idea without some way to sync a schedule between all the PCs.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:33 am

richard1980 wrote:Why didn't they get the tuner pooling issue fixed in beta? Oh, wait.......beta? What's that?

I still think dynamic tuner pooling is a terrible idea without some way to sync a schedule between all the PCs.
Agreed. The only reason people want tuner pooling is because they don't have softsled.

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:03 pm

erkotz wrote:
richard1980 wrote:Why didn't they get the tuner pooling issue fixed in beta? Oh, wait.......beta? What's that?

Agreed. The only reason people want tuner pooling is because they don't have softsled.
Hmm, I guess so. It's also convenient not having to predetermine what tuners belong to which HTPC. My three HTPCs have the same access to the same tuners but I don't record TV all over the house either.

And should I replace or add a HTPC all that's needed is to run TV setup on that machine without modifying the others.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:26 pm

mcewinter wrote:Hmm, I guess so. It's also convenient not having to predetermine what tuners belong to which HTPC. My three HTPCs have the same access to the same tuners but I don't record TV all over the house either.

And should I replace or add a HTPC all that's needed is to run TV setup on that machine without modifying the others.
But if you had a good extender, or had softsled, why would you need 3 HTPCs like that?

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:08 pm

erkotz wrote:
mcewinter wrote:Hmm, I guess so. It's also convenient not having to predetermine what tuners belong to which HTPC. My three HTPCs have the same access to the same tuners but I don't record TV all over the house either.

But if you had a good extender, or had softsled, why would you need 3 HTPCs like that?
I see your point, as neither softsled nor a good extender exist.