March Madness Promo?

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
werds

HTPC Specs: Show details

March Madness Promo?

Post by werds » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:50 am

"The promotional code you entered is for an offer that has not yet begun." - Why is the 15% off promo on Amazon no longer working if March Madness isn't over? =/
Edit* And yes I mention this out of greed, I was all prepared to make an impulse purchase of Echo's (tax money just showed up) when I was at the checkout portion and the promo code didn't work =/ that $300 mental barrier stopped me cold! Was planning on adding 2 echo's in hopes that the android on echo worked as well as planned...

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 pm

werds wrote:"The promotional code you entered is for an offer that has not yet begun." - Why is the 15% off promo on Amazon no longer working if March Madness isn't over? =/
Edit* And yes I mention this out of greed, I was all prepared to make an impulse purchase of Echo's (tax money just showed up) when I was at the checkout portion and the promo code didn't work =/ that $300 mental barrier stopped me cold! Was planning on adding 2 echo's in hopes that the android on echo worked as well as planned...
What Promo Code? You are sort of starting off mid paragraph here.

werds

Post by werds » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:18 pm

MMADCETN provided 15% off on Ceton purchases at Amazon - Saw it just as the Tourney was approaching and then last night went to make a purchase and apparently the promo ended already.

http://slickdeals.net/f/5910608-Save-15 ... e-Shipping for more reference

STC

Post by STC » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:34 pm

Don't quote me but I'm not sure Ceton would have anything to do with the Amazon promo you mention.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

werds

Post by werds » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:37 pm

STC wrote:Don't quote me but I'm not sure Ceton would have anything to do with the Amazon promo you mention.
I assumed as much too but wanted to whine somewhere about it =) This felt the most appropriate place to do so! But honestly that ruined my impulse buy high... :crazy: Oh well, I guess it was just a sign, telling me to wait for the InfinTV6 to come out and for the update for Android on Echo before purchasing more stuff :think:

*Edit - wow since posting this thread the $50 combo discount has disappeared as well (replaced with a $50 amazon credit instead but with more restrictions...)

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:21 pm

STC wrote:Don't quote me but I'm not sure Ceton would have anything to do with the Amazon promo you mention.
Well, I just got an e-mail from Ceton that contains the following:
March Madness
Save up to $50 on Ceton devices at Amazon till Monday only!

ajhieb

Post by ajhieb » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:39 pm

werds wrote:"The promotional code you entered is for an offer that has not yet begun." - Why is the 15% off promo on Amazon no longer working if March Madness isn't over? =/
I think part of the issue, may be your confused sense of time.

"Not yet begun" means the promo hasn't started, not that it is already over.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:50 pm

foxwood wrote:
Well, I just got an e-mail from Ceton that contains the following:
March Madness
Save up to $50 on Ceton devices at Amazon till Monday only!
Yup.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/&tag=ceton ... BFUFL7Q0L9

STC

Post by STC » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:25 pm

Yes I believe they are 'told' when and if companies like Amazon decide to drop the price for promotions etc.
My point was I don't think they have control over such things.

It makes sense to jump on the band wagon though... :)
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

werds

Post by werds » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:34 pm

ajhieb wrote:
I think part of the issue, may be your confused sense of time.

"Not yet begun" means the promo hasn't started, not that it is already over.
Trust me, I understand the mechanics of basic grammar, but in this case computers tend to spit out pre-created statements based on how it is programmed to do so. The promo code I posted USED to work a few days ago. And then yesterday when I attempted to use it the message it gave was that the promo hasn't started. So either it was INCORRECTLY working earlier or this is a pre-programmed statement because there was also another upcoming promo.

Either way I am glad to see another promo - individually it makes the Infinitv4 more desirable, doesn't seem to change the price of the echo much though. Gotta think on it =/

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:04 pm

The March Madness promo is sponsored by Ceton, and we sent out a newsletter this afternoon promoting it.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation