Deleting a tuner source ?

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
Mike88

HTPC Specs: Show details

Deleting a tuner source ?

Post by Mike88 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:02 am

ABC7 in Chicago was transmitting on VHF7 & UHF44. But at noon on 3-18-2013 they stopped VHF7.

I have 4 OTA tuners & all were listed twice under sources, with Ch 7 listed 4 times first then Ch 44 listed 4 times. I thought with Ch 7 gone that the Ch 44 sources would have automatically kicked in. But I guess priorities don't work that way.

I did move the Ch 44 sources up to the top of the priority list & unchecked the Ch 7 ones and everything works fine. But I'm curious, is there a way to get rid of the 4 occurrences of the dead Ch 7 source listings, other than doing a re-scan?

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:56 am

One way is to "split" the unwanted sources in the edit channels menu, giving you a separate channel in the guide. You can then disable that new channel so it doesn't appear in the guide.
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

Mike88

Post by Mike88 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:40 am

The guide looks proper. It's just that when I go into edit > sources there are 8 listings for ABC. The old VHF ones are disabled, but I was wondering if there was a way to not have them show up at all.

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:25 pm

Other than what Holidayboy said, you just have to wait for the guide information to catch up with reality.

You would think it would keep trying each source until it succeeds, like it does for a failed recording where you get an annoying pop up for each failed source, but I guess not.

I ran into the same problem with WLS. I just disabled the bad channels.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:42 pm

Just to confirm what I meant:

In the edit sources menu, click on "split" for the sources you want to get rid of (delete).

This will remove those sources from the edit sources menu for that channel, and insert a new (in your case unwanted) channel in the guide - this new channel will only have the "split" sources in it's edit sources menu.

You can then right click on the new (unwanted) channel in the guide and disable it - that will achieve what you want.

It's a kind of backwards way of doing things - but this is Media Center after all :D
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.