Output sound from TV and remote speakers in parallel?

Talk about speakers, TVs, receivers, STBs, etc.
kitenski

HTPC Specs: Show details

Output sound from TV and remote speakers in parallel?

Post by kitenski » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:13 pm

I have a WMC TV in my kitchen, which is used for TV, movies and music inc radio.

I'd like to have speakers in a nearby room playing exactly the same audio in sync. The area I'd like to have the speakers is approx 50ft away.

I've tried various options which unfortunately don't work, inc bluetooth, AQ audio wireless speakers with Rogue Amoeba Airfoil. Rogue tech support said "a conflict between Airfoil and Windows Media Center - its audio can't be captured without causing issues"

Nothing appears to be able to output simultaneously, it's an either or model as far as I can work out.

Does anyone have any suggestions as how I can make this work?

Thanks alot,

Greg

blueiedgod

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by blueiedgod » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:46 pm

The simplest would be to take the feed from the "headphones" output on the TV, put a splitter. Connect a set of computer speakers to the splitter near the TV, and run a 50 ft wire to the other room, and connect another set of computer speakers there.

If you had an extender, and not TV with a built in WMC extender functionaloty, which is what I understand you have from your post, you could have taken the analog output from the extender and split it before feeding into the TV.