Ceton InfiniTV 4 - Owner's Thread

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
josim

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton InfiniTV 4 - Owner's Thread

Post by josim » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:01 pm

My Ceton InfiniTV 4 diagnostic indicates that new driver, 1.2.0.8-20110804, and new firmware, 1.0.9.5, is available!

Since I have had mine installed only a few weeks and all the bugs w/Charter resolved just last Tuesday, I'm not really excited about changing anything at this point. If any of you update you system, please report your results here.

Thanks,
John

CaptainOverSpray

Post by CaptainOverSpray » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:03 pm

Loaded them last night with out any problems so far. I also loaded the the beta driver/installer 1209.

rbmorse

Post by rbmorse » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:11 pm

The first time I tried to use my Ceton for live TV after the update I received an error message that the system could not find an available tuner. After a long delay the message cleared and the system resumed normal operation and worked fine for the rest of the session.

On the first use after a cold system restart the delay happened again. Rerunning the "TV" portion of the WMC settings took care of that and now everything's fine.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:24 pm

I installed the latest drivers and firmware without issues.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

spanner

Post by spanner » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:40 pm

just finished installing both the driver and firmware update. I Was a little concerned when it said i may need to run tv setup again, but it was not necessary, and all is working correctly so far

STC

Post by STC » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:16 pm

spanner wrote:just finished installing both the driver and firmware update. I Was a little concerned when it said i may need to run tv setup again, but it was not necessary, and all is working correctly so far

Zzzzk, BANG! :D
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

josim

Post by josim » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:43 pm

Whoa!!

Thanks for all the responses!

I'll give it a go in a few days.

John

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:53 pm

Yep I also updated w/o issue. All working fine.

Sent from my WP7 using Board Express

jerryj26

Post by jerryj26 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:50 am

I performed the firmware upgrade first and rebooted with no problems but did not start Media Center so I don't know if it was affected. Also, when I started the InfiniTV diagnostic utility it seemed like an awful long time for it to reconized the tuner.

Upgraded the drivers, rebooted, went into media center which reported that "No Tuners Available" on the startup screen :o .

Ran the TV Setup and it did not see the infiniTV as well as the Hauppage HVR-2250 that is also installed. Ran InfiniTV diagnostic utility and again it took a while to see the tuners. REbooted and TV setup saw the HVR-2250.

I rolled back the drivers and everything seems to be OK now. Was able to configure MC7 with all tuners. However, the diag utility does not report that a new driver is available. Wierd.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:24 pm

jerryj26 wrote:I performed the firmware upgrade first and rebooted with no problems but did not start Media Center so I don't know if it was affected. Also, when I started the InfiniTV diagnostic utility it seemed like an awful long time for it to reconized the tuner.

Upgraded the drivers, rebooted, went into media center which reported that "No Tuners Available" on the startup screen :o .

Ran the TV Setup and it did not see the infiniTV as well as the Hauppage HVR-2250 that is also installed. Ran InfiniTV diagnostic utility and again it took a while to see the tuners. REbooted and TV setup saw the HVR-2250.

I rolled back the drivers and everything seems to be OK now. Was able to configure MC7 with all tuners. However, the diag utility does not report that a new driver is available. Wierd.
I would contact Ceton Support about your issue. That way if more people have the same problem they can look into it and get it sorted out. Mine went uber smooth and has had no issues. Sorry to hear you had problems.
Link to Ceton Support here:
http://www.cetoncorp.com/support/

newfiend~

josim

Post by josim » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:40 pm

OK folks. Thought I should report my results.

I updated driver and rebooted. I monitored task manager and had to wait for a while for CPU usage to decrease. Then updated the firmware and rebooted.

All is well.

Thanks all.

John

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:32 pm

For future releases of Ceton drivers/firmware, I would suggest uninstalling the old Ceton drivers before installing the new one.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

STC

Post by STC » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:22 pm

I queried this procedure with Jeremy at Ceton when the cards first came out. He said the Ceton installer uninstalls the old driver prior to installing the new. In this case, you do not have to manually uninstall.

Porkshanks

Post by Porkshanks » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:25 pm

Updated both with no issues

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:25 am

I have to disagree with Jeremy on this issue. My programs list was littered with InfiniTV driver packages until recently. Of course, I've been doing this since the card was first released, so maybe the older drivers didn't uninstall automatically....I didn't pay attention to the driver numbers.

phimoore

Post by phimoore » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:47 pm

I have updated the drivers/firmware for the Ceton card and now I am running into an issue. Not sure if the updated drivers/firmware caused this. I have an Asus HD 5450 (1 GB) connected using HDMI to a surround receiver. What happens is when I turn off the surround receiver and TV for a while, when I turn them back on I get a black screen where the live tv should still be playing. I can press the green button and bring up the menu and that works fine. I have to exit Media Center and then restart it in order for live tv not to have a black screen... Anyone else?

STC

Post by STC » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:06 pm

richard1980 wrote:I have to disagree with Jeremy on this issue. My programs list was littered with InfiniTV driver packages until recently. Of course, I've been doing this since the card was first released, so maybe the older drivers didn't uninstall automatically....I didn't pay attention to the driver numbers.
It's possible their uninstall routine does not remove the entry from installed programs. I have never manually uninstalled Ceton drivers, and as yet have had no issues. Just FYI.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:56 pm

phimoore wrote:I have updated the drivers/firmware for the Ceton card and now I am running into an issue. Not sure if the updated drivers/firmware caused this. I have an Asus HD 5450 (1 GB) connected using HDMI to a surround receiver. What happens is when I turn off the surround receiver and TV for a while, when I turn them back on I get a black screen where the live tv should still be playing. I can press the green button and bring up the menu and that works fine. I have to exit Media Center and then restart it in order for live tv not to have a black screen... Anyone else?
I haven't noticed this myself (although I havent tried either) but it sounds like a HDCP issue. When you turn off the TV/Receiver the Video Card will most likely loose the HDCP handshake and thats why you loose the Video. The only way to get this back would be to exit MC and restart it and cause MC to reinitiate the handshake between all 3 components. If this worked before you updated the Ceton Firmware/Driver it actually probably shouldn't have as Ceton/ATI are required to enforce HDCP standards. You could look into program called HDMIOn to see if it fixes the problem http://thydzik.com/tag/hdmion/
One way to hopefully fix this would be stop the live TV from playing before you shut off the TV/AVR and then restart it after the TV and AVR is back on..?? Might be worth a try..
HTH,
newfiend~

STC

Post by STC » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:09 pm

I used to have the very same issue with an ATI 5750. One of the reasons I changed to an Nvidia GT430. That has it's own set of niggles though, as I am finding out lol.
Pressing live TV always got a black screen working again. I doubt it is Ceton related.

HTH

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:36 pm

I've been running 1.0.9.5 for about 4 weeks and it's been stable for me.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation