Black Screen on all Extenders

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
pbrigido

HTPC Specs: Show details

Black Screen on all Extenders

Post by pbrigido » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:22 am

Greetings all,

I recently had to reinstall Windows 7 64 bit on my computer that runs my Ceton InfinityTV4 card with Time Warner. Since the install, all of my extenders now boot to a black screen. I have 3 extenders in use, an Xbox 360S, DMA2100, and a DMA2200. They each go to the screen where it says Windows and has the various circles and says Connecting at the bottom, but right after it goes to load MCE, nothing but a black screen appears. I haven't found anything topic wise that has solved the problem yet, but I can use the advice of the pros who may have encountered this before.

Also, nothing on my computer has changed hardware wise, only a software reinstall.

Thanks much!

pbrigido

Post by pbrigido » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:31 pm

I rarely solve my own problems, but I did this time! I guess that the drivers installed by Windows Update for my GeForce video card were the cause of the problem. After I went to Nvidia's website and downloaded the most recent drivers and installed them, the problem was instantly fixed. All 3 Extenders now work...hopefully this may assist someone else.

masonstorm1979

Post by masonstorm1979 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:06 pm

Interesting as this has no bearing on your extenders as they merely use RDP to stream a terminal session to your PC and make use of their own hardware.

pbrigido

Post by pbrigido » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:13 pm

yeah, I was blown away when that worked. I didn't even need to restart my computer for it to work, it was virtually instant once the Nvidia drivers were installed. I should be a beta tester....if something tech can go wrong, it generally happens to me :)