My Media Center Services/App request.

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
newfiend

HTPC Specs: Show details

My Media Center Services/App request.

Post by newfiend » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:26 pm

Small feature request.. Would there be a way either from the app or the services to add a way to refresh the artwork/caches? In case yammm pulls down incorrect artwork? I have no issues finding and deleting files/folders etc but some novice may not want to go poking around through files to find and delete a cache. It would be nice if somehow yammm did pull incorrect artwork that it could be adjusted to the desired artwork/metadata as well. I have a few movies that show up with either Spanish or Russian artwork for my collection that I would like to be able to edit in an easier manner. I know Motz has helped me with one issue regarding this but I can see where it could become a pain having to vote for artwork all the time to get the app to pull desired artwork by the end user. I use Media Center Master to pull artwork and metadata (sorry Michael) for my movies for use with Media Browser.. Could Yammm be made to search the file folders first for existing artwork and just copy/resize for use with the My Media Center App? Sorry if this is a bit off topic..

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:30 pm

I decided to post this in its own thread, I originally typed it up as a reply to another post but decided not to take that OP post too off topic please ignore the last sentence of the post as editing a post via tapatalk on WP that is lengthy is a pain! LOL

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:37 pm

Judging by the way YAMM hammers my hard drive every time I make a change in it's settings, I always assumed it was re-scanning everything. Have you tried just deleting the problem artwork (and maybe the .xml file, and then making a minor change to the settings (adding a dummy folder to the library, for example)?

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:36 pm

Michael has been working on integration of the latest themoviedb.org's API v3. With this it should handle any issues of pulling incorrect artwork.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:03 am

Motz wrote:Michael has been working on integration of the latest themoviedb.org's API v3. With this it should handle any issues of pulling incorrect artwork.
And to think he was all over you for watching Iron Man the other day.. and he's the one slacking? :D Just Kidding Michael hehe...great news guys the app is great, thanks for the added ability to customize the home screen also Motz..nice touch looking forward to the new API integration. :thumbup: